Tracy is a partner in WSHB’s Orange County office. She is a skilled civil litigator with extensive experience in the areas of insurance coverage and civil defense matters for both domestic clients and the London market.
Specifically, Tracy handles insurance matters including first party and third party claims. In this capacity, Tracy provides coverage evaluations and recommendations for both primary and excess carriers. As part of her coverage practice for both the domestic and London insurance market, she conducts examinations under oath, handles insurance-related litigation and facilitates settlements in all lines of business, including natural disasters, construction, business interruption, professional liability, general liability, environmental, and property.
Tracy also handles all aspects of civil litigation, from law and motion to briefing submitted to the California Court of Appeals and Supreme Court. She was directly involved with preparing the successful Petition for Review and Briefing on the Merits submitted to the California Supreme Court in the Pinnacle Museum Tower Association v. Pinnacle Market Development (US) LLC matter. Her defense practice focuses on toxic exposure, products liability, catastrophic injury and professional liability for domestic and London market clients.
- First-to-File Rule under IFPA Does Bar Subsequent Qui Tam Actions Involving Different Victim Pools or Fraudulent Schemes Against Same Defendant3.7.22
- University of San Diego School of Law (J.D., 2004, cum laude)
- University of Southern California (B.A., 2001)
Licensed to Practice in
- Publications, 5.15.22
- Article, 3.17.22
- Update: Mind the Gap: California Assembly Bill 2756 Amends Insurance Code to Bridge Gaps in CoverageArticle, 10.18.21
- Update: Expanded Protections in the California Insurance Code Amidst Wildfire Property Loss in CaliforniaArticle, 10.18.21
- Resource, 9.29.21
- Does a New California Case Intend to Pave the Way for Opening Policy Limits Without a Formal Demand?Case Updates, 5.3.21
- 2.4 Million Policyholders and 563 ZIP Codes are Covered Under Mandatory One-Year Moratorium on Non-Renewals for 2020 WildfiresNewsroom, 1.5.21
- Governor Newsom Signs Wildfire Legislation to Protect California Consumers and DOI Urges Carriers to Cover Wildfire Property LossesNewsroom, 10.13.20
- California DOI Urges Carriers to Expedite Claims Handling and Cover Reimbursement Costs for Wildfire SurvivorsNewsroom, 9.8.20
- With More Than 15 Wildfires Raging across California the DOI Reminds Carriers that Evacuees May be Eligible For Cost ReimbursementNewsroom, 8.26.20
- California Bill Seeks to Shift Burden of Proof to Carriers for COVID-19 Business Interruption ClaimsNewsroom, 7.15.20
- Requirement to Accept, Forward, Acknowledge, and Fairly Investigate All Business Interruption Insurance Claims Caused by the COVID-19 PandemicNewsroom, 4.17.20
- Newsroom, 1.28.16