Intelligent strategists. Creative thinkers. Bold litigators. Discover wise counsel at WSHB.
News & Insights
Employee Witnesses: They Are Ours, and We Have to Embrace Them
HB Partner, Craig Derrig, will be sharing his insights and experience regarding the common pitfalls as well as best practices when preparing employee witnesses for deposition and trial at the upcoming CLM Annual Conference. In this high-powered panel, entitled "Employee Witnesses: They Are Ours, and We Have to Embrace Them" set to take place on August 12, 2021 at 10:10 a.m., Craig will be joined by fellow thought leaders, Joseph Menello as well as Sanjay Shivpuri of Markel, as they delve into this important discussion.
- Full service national law firm founded in 1997 with over 300 attorneys in 30 offices in 18 states across the U.S.
- Tried over 1,000 cases to verdict; internationally recognized for exceptionally high rate of success
- #3 ranking on The American Lawyer’s 2020 Diversity Scorecard, which records the average number of minority attorneys at Am Law 200 and NLJ 250 law firms
- Recognized as one of the top 10 law firms in the nation for inclusiveness of women lawyers in the National Law Journal’s 2020 Women in Law Scorecard
- Named a "Go-To Law Firm" in ALM's annual edition of In-House Law Departments at the Top 500 Companies
- Top 150 ranking on the National Law Journal’s 2020 NLJ 500, an annual survey of the 500 largest law firms in the U.S.
- Top 200 ranking on Law360's 400 2019 list of largest U.S. law firms
Oh No You Didn’t: Social Media Strategies for the Professional
At the upcoming annual CLM conference, set to take place this year in Atlanta, Georgia, partner Constance Endelicato will be sharing her expertise and insight on a panel entitled, "Oh No You Didn't: Social Media Strategies for the Professional." She will be leading this important discussion with fellow legal professionals Robert Blasio of GB Specialty (Division of Gallagher Bassett) and Benjamin Haftel on August 12, 2021 at 10:10 a.m.
Communication is the Key: So Why Are We So Bad At It?
Jason Klein, a partner in WSHB's Denver office will be sharing his knowledge and expertise with other professionals regarding the importance of effective communication at the upcoming CLM Annual Conference. In this panel discussion, entitled "Communication is the Key: So Why Are We So Bad At It?" set to take place on August 13, 2021 at 10:40 a.m., Jason will be joined by fellow industry leaders, Andy Guerra of Envista Forensics and Laura Straznicky from Engle, Martin & Associates, as they examine this important topic.
Covid-19: WSHB Partners at the Forefront of Handling Industry Disrupters
Tom Fama, a partner in WSHB's Northern California office, is set to present at the upcoming annual CLM conference, which will take place this year in Atlanta, Georgia. He will be leading a timely and extremely pertinent panel on the topic "Beyond the Pandemic: Anticipating the Next Industry Disruptors in Property and Construction." He will be joined in this important discussion with fellow industry professionals Laura Cornish of Madison Square Entertainment Corp., Terence Kadlec from Envista Forensics, and Jennifer Wojciechowski from the Community Association of Underwriters of America. The panel will take place on August 12, 2021 at 11:30 a.m.
WSHB Welcomes New Partner Margaret “Maggy” Mazlin to the Firm’s New York Office
It is with great pleasure that we announce the addition of our newest partner, Margaret "Maggy" Mazlin, to the New York office of WSHB. Endorsed by her peers as highly skilled in all aspects of litigation, including trial and appellate practice, Maggy has defended a myriad of clients throughout all five boroughs of New York City as well as Nassau and Suffolk Counties. “Maggy is broadly recognized for her accomplished trial work, litigating with ease and success, a wide variety of cases to verdict throughout New York,” said Stewart Reid, firmwide managing partner. “She is a trial powerhouse, strategic and thoughtful in her trial work.”