Tim Shea is a partner in WSHB’s Seattle office, where his practice emphasizes the civil defense of professional malpractice, construction defect, product liability, and personal injury/wrongful death claims. Tim also focuses his practice on cybersecurity and data privacy matters, including breach response, defense of state and federal enforcement actions of data privacy statutes, and defending high exposure class action litigation as a member of the Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Team. He successfully defends class action lawsuits and represents clients before the Washington State Court of Appeals.
Tim's honors include being selected as a “Rising Star” lawyer in Washington by Washington Law & Politics magazine. He is a graduate of the University of Washington and Gonzaga University School of Law. Tim is a member of the Washington State Bar Association and is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court of Washington in the Western and Eastern Districts.
- Dewar v. Traner Smith & Co., 185 Wn. App. 544 (2015)
- Cox v. Oasis Physical Therapy, 153 Wn. App. 176 (2009)
- Gonzaga University School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- University of Washington (B.A., 2003)
Licensed to Practice in
- U.S. District Court of Washington, Western District
- U.S. District Court of Washington, Eastern District
Events, Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- 2019 CLM Cyber Management and Professional Liability Conference, Boston, MA - Professional Liability: The New Frontier for Accountant Liability in the Age of Cyber Crimes
- August 2015 presentation for The National Society of Accountants re: CPA/Accountant liability arising from the Affordable Care Act, Form 3115 and state and federal subpoena response
- Case Updates, 11.8.22
- Successor Liability in Section 363 Bankruptcy Sales and UCC Foreclosures (Co-Author), ABA Section of Business Law, Spring Meeting, April 10-12, 2008