Erica Summan represents clients in all phases of state and federal litigation, including discovery, law and motion practice, negotiations and trial. She defends clients primarily in tech litigation, intellectual property, employment, products liability, habitability, and personal injury claims. Prior to joining WSHB, Ms. Summan second-chaired multiple successful jury trials and obtained a favorable outcome for her client through arbitration. She developed her skills as a versatile attorney having practiced in property law, corporate law, tort defense, products liability, pharmaceutical malpractice, and contract law.
Ms. Summan is the Vice President for the Women Lawyers of Alameda County Bar Association. She was on the Trial Practice Executive Committee for the Alameda County Bar Association for which she hosted panel discussions with notable attorneys and judges, including "Best Practices for Jury Selection."
She received her J.D. from Southwestern Law School where she interned for Vice Dean Anahid Gharakhanian. Ms. Summan was the Founder and President of the South Asian Law Students Association at Southwestern. She was awarded the Student Spotlight from the North American South Asian Law Students Association for her devoted work in representing minorities in the legal field. She received her undergraduate degree from UC Santa Barbara in Political Science and French.
- Southwestern Law School (J.D., 2016)
- University of California, Santa Barbara (B.A., 2013)
Licensed to Practice in
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
Events, Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- "Coffee with Women Judges – Judge Toni Mims-Cochran," Women Lawyers of Alameda County Bar Association, Host, August 2023
- "New(er) Lawyer Bootcamp," Alameda County Bar Association, Panel Host, June 2023
- "Best Practices for Jury Selection," Alameda County Bar Association, Panel Host, October 2022
- Women Lawyers of Alameda County Bar Association, Vice President
- Alameda County Bar Association, Executive Committee Member for the Trial Practice Section