Ranjan A. Lahiri
501 West Broadway
San Diego, CA 92101
P (619) 849-4900
F (619) 849-4950
For more detailed information:
Ranjan represents a wide range of clients, including individuals, small businesses, and national companies, including Fortune 500 companies, in claims involving business disputes, personal injuries, and construction claims. He has handled complex multi-party litigation throughout California and has previously served as national monitoring counsel for toxic tort claims on behalf of several national insurance companies. He also provides consulting and advice to clients on risk management, intellectual property issues, and general business matters. Ranjan has appeared in both State and Federal Court and has argued before the California Court of Appeals. Ranjan also strives to serve his local community as much as he can and is an active member of the La Jolla Golden Triangle Rotary Club.
University of San Diego School of Law (J.D., 2004)
National University (M.S., 1998)
University of California, San Diego (B.A., 1994)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Defend business owners and operators against variety of business disputes, including claims for unfair competition, breach of contract, and intentional interference with contractual relations.
- Successfully defended client in claim for damages arising out claim for interference with sale of business to third party.
- Defend property owners, developers, and contractor against construction defect claims involving residential homes and multi-unit condominium developments.
- Represent developers and contractors in pre-litigations claims for construction defects, including claims made under SB800.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice in favor of residential developer in products liability and breach of warranty action regarding allegedly defective plumbing.
- Defend property owners against claims seeking recovery for remediation costs of soil, groundwater contamination, and hazardous waste.
- Defend local and national product manufacturers and suppliers against claims alleging personal injuries due to toxic exposure to environmental contaminants.
- Successfully resolved multi-plaintiff claim against chemical manufacturing company for personal injuries arising out of alleged chromium exposure by neighboring school children and teachers.
- Defend employers against claims for wrongful termination and wage and hour disputes.
- Defend employers and business owners against claims of misappropriation of trade secrets and unfair business practices.
- Provide advice and counseling to employers and business owners with respect to employment related matters.
- Defend clients against intellectual property claims, including claims of trademark and copyright infringement.
- Assist business owners in trademark identification and registration and activities to enforce and protect existing trademarks.
- Defend property owners against multi-plaintiff toxic tort claims arising out of exposure to environmental contaminants, including claims for exposure through soil and groundwater and claims for sick-building syndrome.
- Successfully defended client in federal class action litigation arising out of alleged violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
- Defend property owners, property management companies, builders, developers, contractors and construction managers against claims for bodily injury related to mold exposure.
- Serves as part of national monitoring team responsible for monitoring high exposure mold bodily injury claims throughout the United States.
- Obtained defense summary judgment in mold bodily injury case based on lack of notice in favor of property owner and management company.
- Defend product manufacturers and distributors against claims for strict product liability arising from defective products, including industrial cleaning products.
- Defend product manufacturers and distributors against claims for strict product liability based on failure to warn, including claims made against distributors of medical drugs and devices.
- Representation of commercial property owners, property management companies, and HOAs in property damage, bodily injury, landlord tenant and mold claims.
- Representation of property management companies and HOAs in claims made under the Davis Stirling Act.
- Defend manufacturers, suppliers, and distributors against personal injury claims related to occupational chemical exposure, including exposure to benzene and other chemical compounds.
- Obtained defense summary judgment based on lack of product identification in favor of chemical recycling company in wrongful death case involving alleged occupational exposure to benzene.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice in favor of manufacturer of machine lubricants in claim for personal injuries and toxic encephalopathy due to exposure to oils in machine shop.