Richard Singer is the managing partner of WSHB's Boca Raton office. An accomplished civil litigator, he specializes in insurance coverage analysis and policy interpretation, first and third party defense, including bad faith litigation. Richard has extensive experience in representing and regularly advising domestic and international insurers on first-party property and hurricane catastrophes, representing clients in state and federal courts throughout the United States as well as in binding arbitration proceedings. Additionally, he has been tasked with leading and managing complex projects for various insurers’ Special Investigation Units (SIU) in assisting in the defense and prosecution of fraudulent insurance claims throughout the State of Florida.
He is a past participant of the prestigious Secondee Counsel Program working for Nephila Capital Ltd. While in London, Richard provided advice and guidance to Nephila Capital Ltd and various leading Lloyd’s of London syndicates in the areas of claim handling, underwriting, and regulatory issues pertaining to their North American claims.
Richard is a graduate of the Shepard Broad Law Center at Nova Southeastern University. He received his undergraduate degree in Psychology from the University of Georgia. While attending law school, Richard actively participated in Habitat for Humanity.
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center (J.D., 2011)
- University of Georgia (B.S., 2007)
Licensed to Practice in
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- WSHB Partners Richard Singer and Sebastian Larrea to Present Key Insights at Esteemed CNC Connect ConferenceSpeaking Engagement, 1.8.24
- Firm News, 1.9.23
- Newsroom, 1.16.20