Michael Spinazzola is a partner in WSHB's Chicago office. A proven and accomplished attorney with over 12 years of experience, Mike focuses his practice on insurance coverage and litigation related to first and third-party insurance, including the interpretation of policy provisions and exclusions, quantum disputes, hurricane catastrophes, bad faith, and extra-contractual claims.
Mike's expertise includes negotiating contracts, regulatory and contractual compliance, and litigation management. He is an excellent litigator and litigation manager who employs a strategic approach to resolving claims and protecting our client's interests. Mike is an exceptional learner and communicator with a proven aptitude for conflict resolution. He has significant experience collaborating and presenting to various stakeholders, from entry-level through c-suite. Mike is particularly adept at the successful management of legal and business exposure while delivering high-quality legal services and counsel to business colleagues and clients.
His previous experience includes serving as the managing director of a third-party administrator in the Lloyd’s of London Market.
- DePaul University College of Law (J.D., 2010)
- Central Michigan University (B.S., 2007)
Licensed to Practice in
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- Michigan High School Athletic Association Registered Official (2017- 2019)
- Illinois High School Athletic Association Registered Official (2015 - 2016)
- Windy City Habitat for Humanity (2014 - 2016)