Malalai Anbari is a senior associate in WSHB’s Glendale office. She focuses her practice on employment, subrogation, ADA, and business litigation. Malalai uses her background in plaintiff-side foreclosure defense and complex litigation, including wage and hour class actions, representative actions, and “Ban the Box” claims, to be a passionate advocate on behalf of firm clients.
As part of her employment litigation experience, Malalai successfully litigated a matter in arbitration and received an interim award in favor of the client as well as punitive damages. Further, she has helped recover millions on behalf of employees who were deprived of their statutorily-provided rights in wage and hour class and representative actions. Malalai now counsels owners, managers, and employers on risk management using the insights she gained from her experience in prosecuting single-plaintiff and class action matters.
Malalai attended the University of California, Hastings College of the Law and completed Hastings’ Tax Concentration. She also participated in the Departmental Honors Program while attending the University of California, Los Angeles.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law (J.D., 2013)
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., 2009)
Licensed to Practice in
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California