Jill A. Mucerino is a partner in the New Jersey office of WSHB and is an accomplished litigator and appellate attorney. Jill’s practice is focused in the areas of complex construction, premises liability, and appellate advocacy. Jill’s complex construction practice involves the representation of design professionals, developers, and contractors with regard to design defect, construction defect, negligent inspection, construction-site and catastrophic injury cases. Jill also handles related coverage disputes. She effectively prepares her cases to best advocate for her clients in the defense of claims, which often are valued into the millions. Jill is a known leader among the construction bar due to her ability to formulate and execute innovative and aggressive defense strategies and due to her understanding of industry-wide standards and interests. Jill’s passion for her practice and level of dedication to her clients are unrivaled.
Jill’s proactive and innovative approach to her practice makes her preferred counsel to her clients, which also includes commercial property owners, business owners, and landlords. Jill has extensive experience in successfully handling premises liability claims in residential, business, and recreational settings. She works collaboratively with both her clients to identify defense strategies that best represent their interests and meet their needs. She formulates
and implements defense strategies with foremost precision, whether it be with regard to risk transfer, dispositive motion practice, or expert discovery. Jill is regularly called upon to handle complex, high-stakes litigation and claims involving allegations of negligence, gross negligence, recklessness and fraud by past and present clients, as well as by former adversaries, who recognize the caliber of skill and enthusiasm Jill brings to the table.
In the New Jersey office, Jill serves as a mentor for her fellow attorneys. She values collaboration, consistency, and is dedicated to the development and success of all firm attorneys.
When not working, Jill can be found spending time with her family – including her husband, four children, and two dogs – in a small town in North Western New Jersey. She loves spending time outdoors and is often found at the local ball fields and parks. Jill is also a member of her district’s Board of Education.
- 1707 Realty, LLC v. Revolution Architecture, LLC, et al, No. A-1370-20 (App. Div. July 19, 2022)
- Perez v. Sky Zone LLC, et al, 472 N.J. Super. 240 (App. Div. 2022)
- Checchio v. Evermore Fitness, LLC, et al, 471 N.J. Super. 1 (App. Div. 2022)
- New England Law, Boston (J.D., 2010)
- Seton Hall University (B.A., 2005)
Licensed to Practice in
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Article, 1.18.22
- Newsroom, 9.8.21
- New Jersey Appellate Courts Enforce Arbitration Agreements and Allow Appointment of Substitute ArbitratorAppellate Results, 6.4.20
- Newsroom, 1.16.20
- Regional Associate, Women’s Construction Litigation Alliance
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association