Jill A. Mucerino is a partner in the New Jersey office of WSHB and is an accomplished litigator and appellate attorney. Jill’s primary areas of practice include complex construction, premises liability, hospitality law, coverage/risk transfer, and appellate advocacy. Representative clients include commercial property owners, REITs, business owners, landlords, contractors, developers, and design professionals. The success of Jill’s practice is largely due to her ability to develop innovative litigation strategies tailored to meet the needs of her clients and case circumstances. Jill values her relationships with clients and carriers alike and works with each of them to formulate the best plan to defend claims and pursue risk transfer.
Jill effectively prepares her cases to best advocate for her clients in the defense of claims, which often are valued into the millions. Jill is a known leader among the construction bar due to her ability to formulate and execute innovative and aggressive defense strategies and due to her understanding of industry-wide standards and interests. Jill has extensive experience in successfully handling premises liability claims in commercial, residential, construction, and recreational settings. She formulates and implements defense strategies with foremost precision, whether it be with regard to risk transfer, dispositive motion practice, or expert discovery. Jill is regularly called upon to handle complex, high-stakes litigation and claims involving allegations of negligence, professional malpractice, gross negligence, recklessness, breach of contract, and fraud by past and present clients, as well as by former adversaries, who recognize the caliber of skill and enthusiasm Jill brings to the table.
In the New Jersey office, Jill serves as a mentor for her fellow attorneys. She values collaboration, consistency, and is dedicated to the development and success of all firm attorneys.
When not working, Jill can be found spending time with her family – including her husband, four children, and two dogs – in a small town in North Western New Jersey. She loves spending time outdoors and is often found at the local ball fields and parks. Jill is also a member of her district’s Board of Education.
- 1707 Realty, LLC v. Revolution Architecture, LLC, et al, No. A-1370-20 (App. Div. July 19, 2022)
- Perez v. Sky Zone LLC, et al, 472 N.J. Super. 240 (App. Div. 2022)
- Checchio v. Evermore Fitness, LLC, et al, 471 N.J. Super. 1 (App. Div. 2022)
- New England Law, Boston (J.D., 2010)
- Seton Hall University (B.A., 2005)
Licensed to Practice in
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Article, 3.24.22
- Article, 1.18.22
- Newsroom, 9.8.21
- New Jersey Appellate Courts Enforce Arbitration Agreements and Allow Appointment of Substitute ArbitratorAppellate Results, 6.4.20
- Newsroom, 1.16.20
- Regional Associate, Women’s Construction Litigation Alliance
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association