Jenna Melton Fowler is a partner in WSHB's Atlanta office, where she focuses her practice on complex civil litigation. She enjoys experience in complex tort and casualty, transportation, construction, premise liability, commercial and business litigation, product liability, mass tort and toxic tort litigation, environmental litigation, and professional liability. An experienced litigator, she handles high-risk claims from pre-litigation to appeal, including cases with catastrophic injuries and losses. Jenna's ultimate goal is to thoroughly defend her clients through cost-effective strategies whether it is through pre-suit negotiations, vigorous litigation, mediation, settlement, or trial.
Jenna's premise liability practice includes various claims ranging from trip and falls to negligent security. She has represented hotels, multi-family residence and apartment complex owners and managers, gas stations, restaurants, landlords, property owners, small businesses, and large corporations. Jenna has successfully navigated numerous premise liability cases through her vast knowledge of the applications of Georgia law as it relates to the status of both plaintiffs and defendants.
In her transportation practice, Jenna has represented trucking companies, individual drivers, ride share companies, tow companies, packaging and container companies, and corporations with large fleets of commercial vehicles. Our transportation clients frequently call on her in pre-suit matters to ensure that each case is thoroughly investigated resulting in a seamless transition to litigation.
Jenna's construction clients include general contractors, subcontractors, and developers. Her ability to minimize exposure for her construction clients has produced favorable results. She has also represented design professionals in construction defect claims.
In her product liability practice, Jenna has represented domestic and international manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, and retailers. Jenna has also served as counsel to property owners and manufacturers in asbestos, silica, benzene, and diacetyl litigation.
Jenna is a cum laude graduate of Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School. While there, she served as the editor-in-chief of the school's law journal, a student ambassador, and a research assistant. Jenna earned an undergraduate degree in Management with a minor in Law, Science and Technology from Georgia Tech.
- Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School (J.D., 2013, cum laude)
- Georgia Institute of Technology (B.S., 2007)
Licensed to Practice in
- Firm News, 1.9.23
- Article, 7.13.22
- Firm News, 1.5.22
- Co-Author, How Diverse Perspectives Can Further Business Goals During a Pandemic, June 1, 2020
- Co-Author, What Constitutes “Reasonable Care” by Premise and Business Owners in Light of the Coronavirus Pandemic?, May 4, 2020
- Assisted Author of Green's Georgia Law of Evidence, 2013 ed.
- Assisted Author of Steering into the Storm: Amplification of Captive Insurance Company Compliance Issues in the Offshore Tax Crackdown, 12 HOUS. BUS. & TAX. L.J. 224 (2012)
- Author, If the Shoe Doesn’t Fit, Don’t Wear It: Why the Innovative Design Protection Act of 2012 Is a False Hope for the Fashion Industry, 6 J. MARSHALL L.J. 207 (2012)
- Co-Author, House Bill 72: Drivers’ Licenses; Examinations Only in English Language, 5 J. MARSHALL L.J. 677 (2012)
- Co-Author, House Bill 131: Conservation and Natural Resources; Certain Civil Penalties; Exempt State Agencies, 5 J. MARSHALL L.J. 329 (2011)
- State Bar of Georgia
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers