Domingo R. Tan
10960 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90024
P (310) 481-7600
F (310) 481-7650
For more detailed information:
Domingo Tan has a broad range of experience in various areas of law, including construction, business litigation, premises liability, transportation, product liability, habitability, insurance and toxic torts. In construction cases, Domingo has acted as lead counsel in numerous multimillion-dollar residential and commercial matters. His clients include Fortune 500 companies, several of California’s largest publicly held and privately held builders, real estate developers, contractors, construction managers and design professionals. He has extensive experience in all aspects of litigation, including depositions, mediation, judicial reference, arbitration and trial.
Domingo is proud to be part of WSHB’s Recruiting Committee and Charity Committee. He also serves as a mentor for several associates through the firm’s Mentorship Program. Domingo began with the firm as a Summer Associate in 1999 and he is now Coordinator of the firm’s Law Clerk Program.
Loyola Law School (J.D., 2000)
Loyola Marymount University (B.A., 1997)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Prosecution and defense of breach-of-contract and other business-tort claims.
- Negotiation and drafting of contracts and other commercial agreements, including construction contracts, employment agreements, partnership agreements and corporate formation documents.
- Coordination of risk-management activities.
- Defense of businesses against claims made under California’s Unfair Business Practice Statutes (Business & Professions Code, Sections 17200 and 17500).
- Defense of developers, general contractors, construction managers and design professionals in complex multiparty litigation involving commercial and residential properties.
- Cases range from single-family home disputes to cases involving hundreds of properties.
- Representation of Fortune 500 companies and several of California’s largest publicly and privately-held builders.
- Prosecution and defense of claims related to Homeowners Associations and claims involving Civil Code section 910 et seq (SB800) and Civil Code section 1375 (Calderon).
- Defense of property owners, developers, contractors, and subcontractors against claims arising from accidents on commercial and residential construction sites.
- Prosecution and defense of mechanics-lien, stop-notice and payment-bond claims.
- Defense of developers against homeowner claims of fraud and negligent misrepresentation.
- Prosecution and defense of claims for damages due to delays in construction.
- Prosecution and defense of claims for indemnification and breach of contract.
- Conduct and defend, as lead counsel, in excess of 500 depositions of homeowners, witnesses, persons most knowledgeable and experts in construction-related cases.
- Successful representation of clients in trials, arbitrations and judicial references.
- Enforcement of indemnification agreements and additional-insured obligations.
- Evaluation and analysis of insurance-coverage decisions.
- Implementation and facilitation of Joint Defense Funding Agreements.
- Defense of property owners, property management companies, builders, developers, contractors and construction managers in all aspects of bodily-injury litigation related to mold exposure.
- Defense of multi-party litigation involving personal-injury claims related to asbestos exposure.
- Defense of product suppliers and manufacturers related to chemical-exposure bodily-injury claims.
- Development and implementation of protocols and guidelines for developers, builders and property managers to preempt litigation and properly respond to water-intrusion and mold claims.