Andrew J. Mallon
6A Liberty Street
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
P (949) 757-4500
F (949) 757-4550
9333 Fairway View Place
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
P (909) 987-5240
F (909) 987-5230
For more detailed information:
Andrew’s practice focuses on general liability, construction defect, toxic torts, products liability and class action matters, where he regularly represents residential and mixed-use developers, property owners and general contractors in complex, multi-party litigation. Andrew has also expanded his practice to include a variety of personal injury and property damage matters for a host of clients including active remediation cleanups (soil, groundwater, and surface water), mold and asbestos exposure and construction worksite accidents. He also routinely represents clients in the areas of transportation and automotive law including wrongful death, traumatic brain injury and catastrophic injury claims.
Andrew has secured multiple victories for our clients, at all stages of litigation, through aggressive law and motion practice, effective negotiation and dispute resolution techniques. He also routinely advises clients on risk management and potential general liability exposure and has represented clients in both Federal and State matters.
Chapman University School of Law (J.D., 2010)
University of Michigan (B.A., 2007)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Defense of transportation companies in civil litigation involving tractor-trailers including catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases.
- Defense of motor carriers involved in collisions throughout state and federal court.
- Familiarity with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and their impact and use in litigation.
- Negotiation and drafting of business agreements, including purchase and sale agreements, management agreements, consulting agreements, contracts and complex settlement agreements.
- Negotiation and drafting of simple and complex business agreements with customers, vendors, suppliers, and distributors.
- Defense of developers, general contractors, and construction managers in complex multi-party litigation involving commercial and residential properties.
- Cases range from single family home disputes to actions involving hundreds of properties.
- Representation of Fortune 500 companies and several of California’s largest publicly-held and privately-held builders.
- Defense of claims related to Homeowners Associations and claims involving California Civil Code section 910, et. al (SB800) and Nevada Chapter 40, including the prosecution and defense of claims for indemnification and breach of contract.
- Defense of developers against homeowner claims of fraud and negligent misrepresentation, as well as subrogation claims by insurers.
- Representation of developers and general contractors on both public and private projects administering owner-controlled insurance programs.
- Representation of national solar companies in a variety of actions ranging from installation related damages to residential properties, fire and water damage to commercial properties and large scale investigation of fire damage to solar farms.
- Representation of national creditors/credit organizations, debt recovery companies, loan forwarders and their debt collectors in state court actions involving Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA); Rosenthal Act (CA FDCPA); Claims under California’s various Unfair/Deceptive/Fraudulent practices statutes.
- Litigation for owners, developers and contractors regarding exposure to hazardous materials and personal injury claims due to mold exposure.
- Defense of property owners, property management companies, builders, and contractors in all aspects of personal injury and property damage litigation involving claims of mold growth from water intrusion.
- Defense of businesses and individuals in a variety of claims regarding negligent and intentional acts, including automobile accidents, slip and fall accidents, and work site accidents resulting in catastrophic injuries and death.
- Representation of transportation companies and drivers in personal injury actions involving tractor-trailers.
- Defense of several residential home builders involving products liability class action claims in state and federal matters involving hundreds of thousands of residential homes.
- Defense of national creditors/credit organizations, debt recovery companies, loan forwarders and their debt collectors in class actions involving Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA); Rosenthal Act (CA FDCPA); Claims under California’s various Unfair/Deceptive/Fraudulent practices statutes.
- Defense of residential and commercial property owners, property managers and contractors in connection with personal injuries based upon alleged exposure to mold or toxic fumes from sewer lines and property damage claims resulting from water damage.
- Litigation on behalf of owners, developers and contractors regarding alleged defective design and manufacture of various products, including plumbing, HVAC, and other building products.
- Prosecution of claims against manufacturers for personal injury and property damage resulting from alleged defects in the manufacture and design of products and component parts.
- Litigation on behalf of owners, developers and contractors regarding alleged defective design and engineering of construction projects.
- Representation of real estate professionals (Brokers/Agents) in claims arising from allegations of negligence related to the provision of professional services.
- Representation of commercial property owners, apartment owners, residential property owners in property damage, bodily injury, landlord tenant and mold claims.
- Defense of contractors and remediation companies in property damage, bodily injury, landlord tenant and mold claims.
- Defense of public entities in civil litigation actions including dangerous conditions of public property resulting in catastrophic personal injury claims.
- Representation of residential homebuilders in securing and releasing entitlements, subdivision improvement agreements, and bonds.
- Representation of tenants in commercial lease disputes.
- Prosecution and defense of clients in title related claims and judicial foreclosures.
- Assisted developers in obtaining construction loan financing for conDraft and review CC&R’s, SB 800 compliance documents, and purchase and sale agreements.
- Representation of owners and tenants in negotiation and drafting of commercial leases and litigating commercial lease disputes.
- Defense of property owners and managers against bodily injury and third party premises liability claims.
- Representation of real estate professionals (Brokers/Agents) in litigated maters involving professional liability claims and sales transactions.