John Falgout is an associate in WSHB’s New Orleans office. He is experienced in handling a wide variety of matters, including complex torts and casualty, property law, bad faith claims, and governmental relations. Prior to embarking upon a career in law, John served for over seven years in the United States Air Force.
John earned his Bachelor of Science degree from the United States Air Force Academy. At the Air Force Academy, John was a two sport D-1 athlete, earning various honors. He commissioned as an officer in the United States Air Force upon graduation and obtained the rank of Captain. In 2016, John deployed with United States Special Operation Command in support of counterterrorism operations. He served honorably and separated from active duty in 2017 to begin law school at Tulane University.
He graduated from Tulane University Law School with his J.D while also earning a certificate in Sports Law. At Tulane, John was the Senior Managing Editor of the Tulane Environmental Law Journal and Secretary of the Tulane Sports Law Society. His writing on the Bayou Bridge Pipeline construction was published in the Tulane Environmental Law Journal. During law school, John clerked for the Louisiana Fourth Circuit Court of Appeal.
John is a member of the New Orleans Bar Association and New Orleans VFW Post 8973 and enjoys supporting both organizations in their respective missions.
- American Military University (M.A., 2013)
- Tulane University Law School (J.D., 2020)
- United States Air Force Academy (B.S., 2010)
Licensed to Practice in
- Tulane Environmental Law Journal Vol. 32, Issue No. 1.: "Atchafalaya Basinkeeper v. United States Army Corps of Engineers: Construction Resumes on the Bayou Bridge Pipeline"
- New Orleans Bar Association
- New Orleans VFW Post 8973