Jared Levy is a partner with extensive experience litigating complex civil matters in state and federal courts throughout New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, with a particular focus on commercial and insurance litigation. Jared also has extensive experience representing clients in disputes in both trial and appellate courts, as well as before governmental agencies and regulatory bodies, arbitrators and mediators.
Jared is well known for his expertise in litigation arising from professional liability errors and omissions on behalf of a wide range of professionals including lawyers, medical/ healthcare workers, insurance producers, real estate agents and brokers, financial advisors, property managers, TPAs, and numerous other miscellaneous and specialty professionals.
He also handles complex commercial litigation, business disputes, and matters involving insurance coverage issues, including litigating bad faith claims and claims for extracontractual damages.
In his practice with the firm, Jared also represents aviation industry clients, including aircraft ferrying, leasing and MRO facilities. His representation includes providing general corporate, indemnification, insurance and litigation advice.
- Represented a regional real estate broker in multiple matters wherein summary judgment was obtained in breach of contract, negligence and consumer fraud claims brought by purchasers of residential properties (Superior Court of New Jersey, Burlington County)
- Represented regional real estate broker in a commission dispute with another regional real estate broker; obtained full damages for client as well as attorney's fees for the entire litigation (Superior Court of New Jersey, Ocean County)
- Represented regional insurance producer in an insurance producer malpractice matter wherein summary judgment was obtained (Superior Court of New Jersey, Camden County)
- Represented a national insurance producer in a malpractice matter where summary judgment was obtained as to claims of consumer fraud, bad faith and breach of contract wherein a motion to dismiss was granted (Superior Court of New Jersey, Cape May County)
- Represented an international air operator with the sale of four 737-300F and eight engines
- Successfully represented a stockbroker in an arbitration matter relating to an alleged breach of a forgivable loan agreement
- Obtained a reversal on two issues for an international food and merchandise provider after briefing and arguing before the New Jersey Appellate Division
- Obtained summary judgment for a door service company in a personal injury matter while maintaining an order awarding attorney’s fees and costs to my client against a third party after briefing and arguing before the New Jersey Appellate Division. The third party’s application for certification before the New Jersey Supreme Court was denied
- Obtained reversal in the New Jersey appellate division of an order relating to a commission dispute between real estate brokers. Also, lobbied to obtain litigation funding and amicus brief support from the New Jersey Association of Realtors
- Obtained summary judgment for two LLC members with regard to an airplane crash in a matter venued in the Nevada District Court
- First chair at a trial on an insurance carrier’s behalf against a third-party contractor and recovered almost 90% of damages sought
- First chair at a trial on a food service provider’s behalf where my client’s employee allegedly caused an injury. Though liability was stipulated, after a two-week trial on damages, a jury no caused the plaintiff
- Obtained dismissal of an educational institution in New York State Court based on the plaintiff’s age at the time of loss and applicable statute of limitations
- Obtained dismissal of an educational institution in New York State Court based on a claim against my client’s employee and the pleading timeframe
- Rutgers School of Law - Camden (JD, 2003)
- University of Pittsburgh (BS, 2000)
Licensed to Practice in
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- President of Cherry Hill FC, a non-profit youth soccer club
- Camden County Bar Association