Jack Pemberton is a partner in WSHB’s Phoenix office. Jack is a skilled litigator with over 15 years of experience. His practice is dedicated to complex civil litigation involving general liability, products liability, and transportation matters, with a focus on municipal liability, including roadway design, construction, and maintenance, and claims against first responders.
Jack is a tireless advocate who has handled a broad spectrum of claims including catastrophic injury, wrongful death, and other profound and debilitating injuries. His litigation experience has afforded him the opportunity to examine expert witnesses in a variety of fields, including accident reconstruction, road design and engineering, materials sciences and metallurgy, failure analysis, workplace safety, toxicology, neurology, neuropsychology, psychology and psychiatry, pain management and rehabilitation, life care planning, economics, and other disciplines. His practical but detail-oriented approach to litigation is one of many reasons clients enjoy working with him.
Prior to practicing civil litigation, Jack spent several years practicing criminal law as a former prosecutor and criminal defense attorney. He tried to verdict over 75 jury trials and hundreds of bench trials. Jack is an Arizona native who in his spare time enjoys hiking, baseball, and spending time with his wife and children.
- Texas Southern University (J.D., 2005, magna cum laude)
- Arizona State University (B.A., 2002, summa cum laude)
Licensed to Practice in
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Arizona Supreme Court: Claimant's Attempt to Shorten Settlement Window in Notice of Claim Was a Legal NullityCase Updates, 8.1.22
- Firm News, 6.30.22
Events, Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- "Not the Road to Ruin: Key Notice of Claim and Immunity Defenses," Arizona Public Risk Management Association (PRIMA) Presentation, October 2022
- Arizona Public Risk Management Association