George Smythe is an accomplished senior counsel at WSHB's Charleston, South Carolina, office with extensive experience in complex commercial litigation. His practice focuses on premises liability and construction defects, and he has a proven track record of success in representing various governmental agencies, including the City of Charleston, Charleston County, and state law enforcement agencies, in civil rights cases.
George earned his undergraduate degree from Clemson University and his law degree from the University of South Carolina School of Law. Upon graduating law school, George gained experience serving as a state prosecutor with the First Circuit Solicitor’s Office.
- University of South Carolina School of Law (J.D., 2016)
- Clemson University (B.A., 2013)
Licensed to Practice in
- South Carolina
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- South Carolina Bar
- Children’s Law Committee
- Charleston County Bar Association
- American Bar Association