Cathleen Giannetta is a partner in the New York and Connecticut offices of WSHB. An accomplished trial lawyer with over 35 years of experience and numerous verdicts in both state and federal court, Cathy has litigated extensively in the areas of product liability, New York Labor Law, construction defect, professional liability, catastrophic injury, transportation, employment and toxic tort.
Prior to joining the firm, Cathy was a founding member of the newly-formed Complex Litigation Team at the in-house law firm of a national insurance company, where she litigated and tried high exposure general liability, product liability, NY Labor Law and fire/flood subrogation matters. While there, she further developed her skills in cost-effective, efficient litigation while consistently delivering quality service and results.
In her transportation practice, Cathy has successfully defended railroads against claims brought under the Federal Employer's Liability Act and against wrongful death claims and other claims of serious injury resulting from railroad crossing accidents and derailments. Cathy is also well-versed in handling high exposure motor vehicle cases. In her employment practice, she has successfully represented railroads, corporations and municipalities in Title VII, ADA, and FMLA matters. She is also experienced in defending state law harassment and discrimination changes. In 2018, Cathy was appointed to the National Arbitration and Mediation’s (NAM) panel of employment law arbitrators.
Cathy began her legal career as a prosecutor in the Bronx County District Attorney's Office, where she was a founding member of the Sex Crimes Unit. In her free time, Cathy volunteers as a docent at the Bronx Zoo.
- Fordham University School of Law (J.D., 1981)
- Miami University of Ohio (M.A., 2016)
- Cornell University (B.A., 1978)
Licensed to Practice in
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- Docent at the Bronx Zoo, 2012 - Present
- New York State Bar Association
- Women's Bar Association of the State of New York
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel