Zachary Fletcher, an accomplished trial attorney at our Chicago office, is a force to be reckoned with in civil litigation. He is widely sought for his sage counsel and strategic handling of complex civil litigated matters, including transportation, construction, catastrophic injury, and public entity litigation. His expertise also extends to professional liability claims, where he skillfully defends architects and engineers against various disputes, such as design defects, payment issues, and construction quality matters.
Zack's extensive trial experience sets him apart as a seasoned litigator. Over the past decade, he has successfully tried over 13 jury trials and more than a hundred bench trials as a first chair. With each case, Zack's trial skills and ability to navigate complex legal issues have yielded favorable outcomes for his clients. His reputation as a formidable trial attorney is well-earned and a testament to his dedication and expertise in the courtroom.
His exceptional track record includes defending clients in high-stakes catastrophic injury cases, often representing excess insurance policies, stemming from automobile and truck collisions, premises incidents, and medical malpractice. Additionally, he has a proven prowess in complex commercial contracts, products liability, breach of warranty, and medical malpractice defense.
Renowned for his innovative strategies, Zack excels in uncovering pivotal evidence and conducting razor-sharp depositions. Notably, he takes immense pride in his unrivaled success in excluding plaintiff experts from testifying through skillful Daubert motions.
Zack holds a degree in Actuarial Science with a minor in Financial Services from Roosevelt University. He obtained his law degree from the prestigious John Marshall Law School. During his studies, Zack gained valuable experience at the Cook County State's Attorney's Office and practiced as a 711 law clerk. Licensed to practice in Illinois and admitted to the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, his expertise has also led to pro hac vice admissions in California and Wisconsin. With his exceptional skill set and unwavering dedication, he is a valuable asset to WSHB’s Chicago office.
Zack's extensive trial experience sets him apart as a seasoned litigator. Over the past decade, he has successfully tried over 13 jury trials and more than a hundred bench trials as a first chair.
- One notable recent jury trial involved a homeowner association. The plaintiff alleged multiple claims, including fraud, embezzlement, and breach of fiduciary duty. Seeking substantial damages for personal injury and emotional distress, the plaintiff's case was meticulously examined. Through a strategic motion, the defense successfully directed the dismissal of four out of five counts. Ultimately, the jury returned a resounding defense verdict, finding no breach of fiduciary duty by the defendants.
- Zack has also handled a range of high-exposure cases. In one closely watched matter, the plaintiff sought $5 million in damages for a traumatic brain injury, the matter was resolved during trial after evidence was admitted which undermined the plaintiff's claims.
- In a medical malpractice case, the plaintiff demanded $22 million. However, the matter settled on the third day of trial following Zack’s powerful opening and focused cross-examination for a confidential amount.
- Similarly, in a case involving serious bodily injury resulting in paraplegia, the matter settled on the second day of trial for a confidential amount well below the exposure level.
With each case, Zack's trial skills and ability to navigate complex legal issues have yielded favorable outcomes for his clients. His reputation as a formidable trial attorney is well-earned and a testament to his dedication and expertise in the courtroom.
- John Marshall Law School (J.D., 2006)
- Roosevelt University (B.A., 2002)
Licensed to Practice in
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- Firm News, 1.9.23
Events, Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Speaking Engagement, 2.7.23