A licensed attorney for over 35 years, Michael A. Vasquez focuses his practice on products liability, professional liability, and catastrophic injury matters. He has successfully defended hundreds of products liability cases, including asbestos cases involving catastrophic injuries and damages. Mike is also known for his legal prowess in defending dentists, doctors, lawyers and real estate agents and brokers in professional liability suits, as well as non-products liability complex tort cases in California, Texas, Alaska, Hawaii and Tribal courts in Native American reservations. Mike has arbitrated and mediated countless cases and has tried more than 50 cases to juries, including 13 trials to verdict.
An AV-rated lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell, Mike has also been named a Northern California “Super Lawyer” numerous times by San Francisco Magazine. Mike is additionally a published author in the areas of civil procedure and professional liability, and a member of the Marin County Bar Association, the San Francisco Bar Association, the Defense Research Institute, and the La Raza Lawyers Association.
- University of San Francisco School of Law (J.D., 1984)
- University of California, Santa Barbara (B.A., 1981)
Licensed to Practice in
- "Apportionment of Damage Awards Under Proposition 51: New Developments," Legal Ledger, Vol. 4, No. 4, Sept. 1993
- "Action Guide: Meeting Statutory Deadlines" (co-authored), Continuing Education of the Bar, University of California/State Bar of California, 1990
- "TMJ Claims Prevention Tips,” Journal of the California Dental Association, 1990
- Marin County Bar Association
- San Francisco Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- La Raza Lawyers Association