Hao Nguyen is senior counsel in WSHB’s Los Angeles office. Her practice is focused on the defense of professional liability matters and labor & employment defense. She has represented clients throughout all phases of litigation from inception through trial.
She has experience in defending against errors and omissions claims, defending litigation arising from complex business transactions and litigation, labor and employment, commercial litigation, class action, and insurance litigation. She has represented and counseled businesses and individuals from a broad array of industries, including attorneys and law firms in malpractice, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and breach of contract claims, real estate, property management companies, health care, manufacturers, third party administrators, title companies, insurance agents and brokers, construction, manufacturers, and a broad array of employers from family businesses to national companies.
In addition to her law practice, she regularly contributes her time to the legal profession and community. As a result of her dedication, she was recently appointed to the California Lawyers Association, Litigation Section Executive Committee where her term will start September 19, 2022.
- Dismissal of malpractice, breach of contract, and breach of fiduciary duty action against law firm and attorney in summary judgment arising out of a shareholder derivative litigation relating to an international telecommunications business and a Judgment for more than $93,000,000 based on the value of misappropriating corporate property that the plaintiffs ultimately enforced while bringing malpractice claims against their attorneys.
- Dismissal of nationwide silent PPO class action for civil conspiracy, accounting and disgorgement, breach of contract, and unjust enrichment claim in federal court pursuant to motions to dismiss and summary judgment and thereafter obtained a favorable ruling on Rule 11 sanctions in the $70,000 range.
- Dismissal of a shareholder derivative complaint against law firm and attorney in Orange County complex court pursuant to an Anti-SLAPP motion subsequent award of attorney’s fees in the $70,000 range.
- Dismissal of a complaint against HOA company and agent pursuant to Anti-SLAPP motion.
- Dismissal of an action against insurance broker after bringing discovery motions and motion for terminating sanctions.
- Dismissal of complaint for violation of California Penal Code § 637 and intentional infliction of emotional distress against telecommunications company under California’s Anti-SLAPP statute and an order for an award of attorney’s fees and costs.
- Dismissal of complaint for abuse of process, intentional infliction of emotional distress and declaratory relief and an award of attorney’s fees and costs.
- Dismissal of complaint for extortion and intentional infliction of emotional distress against attorney pursuant to Anti-SLAPP motion.
- Loyola Law School (J.D., 2002, Loyola International and Comparative Law Review, Articles Editor and Staff Writer; Represented Loyola in the American Bar Association Section of Dispute Resolution)
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., 1999)
Licensed to Practice in
- "A Critical Discussion of Diversity and Inclusion in The Insurance Industry,” ABA Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee Seminar, March 3, 2017
- "Don’t You (Forget About Me): The Purpose, Force, and Effect of Insurance Policy Conditions (Notice, Voluntary Payments, and
Cooperation) and Case Law Updates," ABA Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee CLE Seminar, March 5, 2016
- “The Defense of Insureds and Alleged Bad Faith Delay in Settlement by Insurers,” ABA Insurance Coverage Seminar, March 6, 2015
- Appointed to California Lawyers Association, Litigation Section Executive Committee
- Hao is involved in many activities with her alma mater including mentorship of law students, diversity outreach, annual mock interviews, and Loyola Law School’s Reunion Planning Committee and more
- She is involved in numerous pro bono projects including Hellen Willis Legal Eagles