Carl Steccato focuses his practice on litigating catastrophic injury/wrongful death and property damage (fire) lawsuits. Other areas of concentration include construction/labor law, elevator litigation, product liability, lead paint, asbestos, and propane gas. Carl has delivered consistent results throughout his career with tort liability matters, such as premises and automobile liability and dental malpractice. Carl’s wide range of clients have included general contractors, construction companies, land/building owners, elevator modernization, repair, service/maintenance companies, security/alarm companies, propane gas companies, auto leasing companies and trucking companies. He has also represented numerous product manufacturers, including manufacturers of motorized recreational vehicles/equipment (i.e. all-terrain vehicles, motorcycles, boats, golf carts, helmets, water skis, etc.) and other motorized products, such as marine engines, container cranes, tractors, lathes and various power tools.
Carl has successfully tried cases in all five New York City counties, as well as the surrounding suburban counties of Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Orange and Dutchess. He is also experienced in handling supervisory litigation for national clients. Carl has also argued appeals before the New York State Appellate Courts.
- New York Law School (J.D., 1985)
- York College (B.A.)
Licensed to Practice in
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- United States Supreme Court
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- Propane Gas Defense Association
- New York State Bar Association: Tort Section American Boat and Yacht Council
- American Corporate Counsel Association, Portfolio Member