Brian Hoffman's practice focuses on providing an aggressive and vigorous defense for those in the health care industry. In addition to extensive experience defending matters involving hospital care, elder care, radiology, emergency medicine, psychiatry and psychology, orthopedics, plastic surgery, urology, dentistry, chiropractic and physical therapy, he also defends product manufacturers and institutions facing claims of product liability, medical malpractice, elder abuse, negligence and fraud. His clients include nationwide professional insurers, hospitals, physicians, allied health care providers, transport companies and product manufacturers. Brian is a member of the prestigious American Board of Trial Advocates and he has earned the recognition of Super Lawyer in Southern California from 2009 – 2021. Brian has successfully tried and arbitrated more than 70 cases to verdict.
In addition to providing his litigation skills in malpractice and elder-abuse claims, he provides legal counsel to managed healthcare organizations in medical-litigation matters addressing standard of care, billing, and compensation. He has defended multinational product manufacturers and litigated many General Liability matters involving catastrophic injuries and damages. Brian has also become a significant resource for telemedicine providers, having experience in and litigating numerous matters involving allegations of malpractice, negligent hiring and screening, and fraud.
Brian has become a sought after speaker providing insight from his experience as a front-line litigator and trial attorney. He frequently conducts seminars and speaks to physician groups, professional societies, hospital management and those involved in hospital Grand Rounds. Brian was recently an invited speaker to the annual Society of Urodynamics Female Pelvic Medicine and Urogenetical Reconstruction "SUFU" conference in Miami, FL, where he discussed the legal impact of the Pelvic Mesh litigation upon the healthcare providers.
- Southwestern Law School (J.D., 1990)
- University of California, Davis (B.S., 1986)
Licensed to Practice in
- Case Updates, 6.5.20
- Newsroom, 6.26.14
Events, Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Brian has conducted numerous presentation and continuing education classes on the following topics: Communications to Improve Patient Care, Pitfalls of Medical Dictation, Medical Injury Compensation Reform Act (MICRA) Issues, Litigation Hazards, How to Prepare Your Deposition and Avoiding the Malpractice Lawsuit.
- Case Updates, 10.7.22
- Case Updates, 7.8.22
- Article, Allied World, 12.28.15
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Southern California Association for Healthcare Risk Management