The entertainment, new media, and internet industries face unique and complex legal issues. As a result, participants in these dynamic markets require equally innovative and informed legal guidance.
WSHB has decades of experience handling legal matters involving entertainment, new media, and the internet. We are well studied in the most recent laws regulating online businesses and the constantly evolving entertainment law landscape. With experience extending back to the web's early days, we are a digital firm working with all types of clients and touching almost every aspect of the digital marketplace.
We handle a wide range of issues for different entertainment-industry players:
- Record producers
- Production companies
- Broadcast networks
- Cable companies
Representative Matters for Entertainment and New Media
- Litigated all forms of contract and commercial litigation disputes and issues on behalf of companies and individuals involved in and with the entertainment, new media, and internet industries
- Counseled and assisted internet and new media start-up companies on all aspects of legal formation and governance
- Handled intellectual property issues and litigation on behalf of entertainment, new media, and Internet companies
- Drafted key employment contracts for entertainment and new media companies
- Litigated cases involving alleged trade secret and intellectual property improprieties
- Prosecuted “use of likeness” matters in traditional and new media, on behalf of entertainers, athletes, and models