WSHB has an immediate opening for a skilled legal assistant in civil litigation in its Portland office. Our office is located just outside of the downtown area, with free parking and spacious, recently remodeled offices. Qualified candidates must have 2+ years of experience in a law firm setting. Insurance defense is highly preferred. Currently, the position is a hybrid model requiring to work in the office 3 days a week and work 2 days a week remotely from home, therefore must live in the greater Portland area - no exceptions.
We’re looking for a team member who…
• Is hard working and responsive
• Exercises good judgment
• Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Pays close attention to detail
• Is reliable with excellent attendance
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• E-filing experience in Oregon, both State and Federal court
• Familiarity with civil, arbitration procedures/filings
• Maintain attorneys calendar by planning and scheduling meetings, depositions, mediations, teleconferences, and travel
• Have the ability to communicate with outside law firms to schedule depositions and other meetings as needed
• Proof and finalize correspondence, pleadings, discovery, motions, and prepare routine shell macros
• Ability to prepare and file pleading documents and discovery documents while consulting with the attorney
• Be able to open and close legal files
• Handle general correspondence between outside law firms, clients, and insurance carriers
• Heavy document management organizational skills
• Record and track deadlines through docketing and calendar system
• Assist multiple attorneys
• Trial preparation
• Excellent organizational skills including ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects
• Ability to multi-task independently
• Professional and pleasant demeanor
• Time management skills to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
• Knowledge of e-filing systems and eDockets
• High level of computer competency, in the complete Microsoft Office Suite; proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, iManage document file system
• Requires the ability to work 40 Hours a week M-F 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Salary is based on experience. We offer a generous benefits package.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.