Jodi L. Mullis
2525 E. Camelback Road
Phoenix, AZ 85016
P (602) 441-1300
F (602) 441-1350
For more detailed information:
Jodi Mullis is a partner in WSHB’s Phoenix office, handling complex litigation involving medical malpractice, elder care, product liability, professional malpractice, wrongful death and construction defect matters. An experienced trial lawyer, Ms. Mullis has secured defense verdicts in several matters involving claims of medical malpractice and complex injury claims. She has also tried to verdict notable professional liability matters securing strong results for our clients. In the medical negligence areas, she has represented all levels of medical professionals from physicians to nurses and assistants. Ms. Mullis has also handled administrative matters before the Arizona State Board of Nursing, the Arizona State Board of Dental Examiners, the Arizona State Board of Optometry, the Arizona Board of Chiropractic Examiners, the Arizona Registrar of Contractors, and the Arizona State Board of Technical Registration. Ms. Mullis has prepared a variety of appellate briefs filed with the Arizona Court of Appeals and the Arizona Supreme Court.
Ms. Mullis has expertise in managing complex matters ranging from catastrophic injury and professional malpractice claims, to large construction-related disputes. A multi-faceted lawyer, Ms. Mullis has also represented large, international manufacturers and suppliers in both residential and commercial product liability actions.
In addition, Ms. Mullis assists our national insurance coverage practice by advising and representing domestic and international insurers on first-party property (Homeowner’s and Commercial), commercial general liability, construction defect, and professional errors and omission claims. She has successfully litigated a wide variety of first-party and third-party insurance cases, including the interpretation of policy provisions and exclusions, quantum disputes, catastrophes, bad faith, and extra-contractual claims.
Ms. Mullis enjoys numerous industry accolades for her legal results, including being recognized as an AV Preeminent Lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell and a Top Rated General Litigation Attorney in Phoenix, AZ. She has been named as one of the Southwest “Rising Stars” for the past seven years, and has also been honored as one of Arizona’s Finest Lawyers. Most of all, she is proud of the results she secures for her clients in every matter assigned.
Willamette University College of Law (J.D., 2005)
Arizona State University (B.A., 2001, cum laude)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Prepared various appellate briefs for review by the Arizona Court of Appeals and the Arizona Supreme Court.
- Extensive experience defending construction trades in construction defect claims.
- Defense of property owners, developers, and contractors against claims arising from accidents on commercial and residential construction sites.
- Defense of large developers for alleged improper development and construction at large commercial sites.
- Defense of property owners and developers for claims surrounding large, catastrophic property fires.
- Defense of businesses in a wide variety of claims regarding negligent acts, including but not limited to construction site accidents, food contamination cases, drowning cases and dram shop cases, resulting in catastrophic injuries and death.
- Defense of business establishments against injury claims involving third parties.
- Defense of doctors, hospitals, medical groups, surgery centers, nurses and nurse practitioners, physician assistants and dentists.
- Extensive experience defending all types of professionals including doctors, nurses, lawyers, architects, engineers, insurance and real estate brokers, home inspectors, contractors/builders, etc., in negligence claims.