Jason H. Klein
1805 Shea Center Drive
Highlands Ranch, CO 80129
P (720) 479-2500
F (303) 471-1855
1501 S. Church Avenue
Tampa, FL 33629
P (813) 422-6910
F (813) 425-6983
For more detailed information:
Jason Klein is the managing partner of WSHB’s Denver office and a partner in the firm’s Tampa office. Jason is a skilled litigator with over 20-years of experience. His practice is dedicated to complex civil litigation in the areas of general liability, employment and wrongful termination defense, Americans with Disabilities Act claims, as well as construction defect, transportation, and professional liability. Jason has represented international, national, and regional corporations, carriers, and businesses (including Fortune 500 companies) and individuals in both state and federal courts in Colorado, Florida, Kansas, Missouri and Wyoming. In addition, Jason assists WSHB’s national insurance coverage practice by advising and representing domestic and international insurers on first-party property (Homeowner’s and Commercial), commercial general liability, construction defect, and professional errors and omission claims. Jason has also successfully litigated a wide variety of first-party and third-party insurance cases, including the interpretation of policy provisions and exclusions. He is AV Preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has been selected for inclusion into Florida Trend’s “Florida Legal Elite.” Jason is also a regular presenter on trial and litigation strategy.
The University of Kansas School of Law (J.D., 2001)
The University of Kansas (B.A., 1997)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Defense of developers, general contractors, construction managers and design professionals in litigation involving commercial and residential properties, including construction defect litigation.
- Defense of property owners, developers, contractors, and subcontractors against claims arising from commercial and residential construction sites, including water intrusion and mold cases.
- Prosecution and defense of developers against claims of fraud and negligent misrepresentation.
- Prosecution and defense of claims for damages due to delays in construction.
- Prosecution and defense of claims for indemnification and breach of contract.
- Defense of large retailers and businesses in ADA compliance issues.
- Advise employers on best practices and management strategies to avoid claims.
- Defense of employers in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Defense of employers in Title I claims brought under the ADA.
- Defense of employers in harassment, discrimination, and retaliation claims.
- Advises employers on all aspects of responding to wage and hour audits conducted by the Department of Labor and similar state agencies, as well as conducting self-audits to ensure proactive compliance.
- Represents employers in response to NLRB complaints of unfair labor practices under the National Labor Relations Act, which applies to all workplaces regardless of union representation.
- Defense of professional liability claims against engineers, design professionals, insurance agents and brokers, real estate agents, and miscellaneous professionals.