Steven R. Disharoon
1401 Willow Pass Road
Concord, CA 94520
P (925) 222-3400
F (925) 356-8250
For more detailed information:
Steve is an experienced litigator in various areas of law, with a focus on general liability, appellate, and dispositive motion practice. Steve is also experienced in federal law, including trademark, constitutional issues, and other federal statutes. Steve has successfully argued before the California Appellate Court and the U.S. District Court, and has also represented clients in written petitions to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and the California Supreme Court.
Steve prides himself on being creative, meticulous, and aggressive in pursuing his client’s interests, and for being highly responsive to all client inquires. He is known for handling complex and difficult cases with focus and efficiency, clearly explaining to the client all options, strengths, and weaknesses regarding the case. Steve also takes pride in preparing and arguing high quality motions, petitions, and appeals, and has succeeded through such efforts to obtain pre-trial dismissals for several clients. Steve has also published articles on California’s Right to Repair Act, as well as on state and federal civil rights issues. His personal projects and interests include extensive study of the federal Lanham Act (regarding trademark law), and its interplay with rights to free speech and fair business practices, as well as work on other legal articles, mentoring fellow attorneys, and serving as judge for law school moot court competitions.
University of San Francisco School of Law (J.D., 2010)
University of California, Santa Cruz (B.A., 2007)
Licensed to Practice in:
U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Successful handling of appeals and writs in various areas, including civil rights, construction, and statutory interpretation.
- Defense of wide range of general liability cases, including personal injury, wrongful death, habitability, motor vehicle, and subrogation.
- Defense of carriers, brokers, and others involved in transporting goods and passengers, including claims of bodily injuries, accommodations, property damage, and others.
- Defense of employers against claims of discrimination, retaliation, and harassment, as well as claims pertaining to meal and rest break violations, wage and hour, and employment contract issues.
- Preventative counseling and guidance to businesses regarding employer/employee relationship, proper training and supervision, and methods for ensuring compliance with applicable labor laws.
- Defense of complex intellectual property disputes, including claims of trademark infringement, dilution, and counterfeiting, as well as interrelated allegations of corporate fraud and unfair competition.
- Defense of product manufacturers and distributors against claims of personal injuries due to alleged design, manufacturing, or warning defects.
- Defense of professionals in various fields (legal, medical, construction, and others) against claims of malpractice, professional negligence, and other alleged wrongdoing.