Steven R. Disharoon
1401 Willow Pass Road
Concord, CA 94520
P (925) 222-3400
F (925) 356-8250
For more detailed information:
From WSHB’s Northern California office, Steve Disharoon is an experienced trial and appellate attorney, specializing in complex civil litigation, intellectual property, professional liability and transportation. He recently secured a high profile trial verdict in a closely watched trademark infringement dispute. His trial record includes winning dispositive summary judgment motions. In addition, natural disasters in California have resulted in a massive spike in claims, and Steve is one of the go-to lawyers handling hotly disputed claims for liability, indemnity, and risk transfer. Outside the courtroom, he is a skilled negotiator of complex and contentious matters.
Representative cases include the following:
- Successful trial result in trademark infringement dispute.
- Obtained summary judgment on multi-million dollar claim against transportation broker, including favorable determination of non-delegable duty rule in an unprecedented context in California.
- Obtained summary judgment on serious personal injury claim based on application of Privette doctrine to unique facts.
- Obtained summary judgment in recreational injury case based on release agreement, defeating various arguments regarding its enforceability.
- Obtained summary judgment against claims of malicious prosecution, including successful application of California’s litigation privilege to unique facts.
- Successful handling of all appeals filed in response to favorable summary judgments.
- Negotiated complex settlement of contentious taxation dispute between client and city.
University of San Francisco School of Law (J.D., 2010)
University of California, Santa Cruz (B.A., 2007)
Licensed to Practice in:
U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Successful handling of appeals and writ petitions in various areas, including personal injury, construction, and statutory interpretation.
- Defense of wide range of general liability cases, including personal injury, product liability, motor vehicle, and subrogation.
- Defense of complex intellectual property disputes, including claims of trademark infringement, trade dress infringement, and unfair competition.
- Defense of professionals in the legal, medical, and insurance industries against claims of malpractice and professional negligence.
- Defense of motor carriers, transportation brokers, and others involved in transporting goods and passengers, including claims of bodily injuries, discrimination, and property damage.