Steven R. Disharoon
1401 Willow Pass Road
Concord, CA 94520
P (925) 222-3400
F (925) 356-8250
For more detailed information:
From WSHB’s Northern California office, Steve Disharoon is an experienced trial and appellate attorney, specializing in complex civil litigation, intellectual property, and transportation, as well as environmental claims and natural disasters. His record includes obtaining a defense judgment in a trademark infringement trial, several successful summary judgment motions, and extensive appellate experience. Outside the courtroom, Steve is a skilled negotiator of complex and contentious cases, and also provides services for transactional and other non-litigated matters.
Representative cases include the following:
- Successful trial result in trademark infringement dispute.
- Obtained summary judgment on multi-million dollar claim against transportation broker, including favorable determination of non-delegable duty rule in an unprecedented context in California.
- Obtained summary judgment on serious personal injury claim based on application of Privette doctrine to unique facts.
- Obtained summary judgment in recreational injury case based on release agreement, defeating various arguments regarding its enforceability.
- Obtained summary judgment against claims of malicious prosecution, including successful application of California’s litigation privilege to unique facts.
- Successful handling of all appeals filed in response to favorable summary judgments.
- Negotiated complex settlement of contentious taxation dispute between client and city.
University of San Francisco School of Law (J.D., 2010)
University of California, Santa Cruz (B.A., 2007)
Licensed to Practice in:
U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
U.S. District Court, Central District of California
U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Successful handling of appeals and writ petitions in various areas, including personal injury, construction, and statutory interpretation.
- Defense of property owners, farmers, developers, and other businesses and individuals against claims pertaining to environmental clean-up actions, nuisance, and related claims.
- Defense of wide range of general liability cases, including personal injury, product liability, motor vehicle, and subrogation.
- Defense of complex intellectual property disputes, including claims of copyright, trademark, and trade dress infringement.
- Defense of professionals in the legal, medical, and insurance industries against claims of malpractice and professional negligence.