Intelligent strategists. Creative thinkers. Bold litigators. Discover wise counsel at WSHB.
News & Insights
Put Up Your Dukes
Employers rely on bullies. Bullies push innovation, motivate co-workers and generate business. However, bullying in the workplace creates risks, and employers are facing new liabilities for failing to address bullying. Bullying is prevalent and comes from all directions. According to the Workplace Bullying Institute, an estimated 27% of Americans report experiencing abusive conduct at work, and 72% report being aware of workplace bullying. Similarly, a survey commissioned by CareerBuilder of full-time employed private sector employees indicated that 28% of employees reported having experienced or were currently experiencing bullying in the workplace.
WSHB Jumps to No. 2 in Women in Law Scorecard
WSHB jumped to the #2 spot in the recently-published Women's Scorecard by the National Law Journal. The Women’s Diversity Scorecard is produced as part of the annual NLJ 500 firm head count report, which now ranks WSHB in the top 200 of the nation’s largest law firms.
- Full service national law firm founded in 1997 with over 200 attorneys in 21 offices practicing in 13 states across the U.S.
- Tried over 900 cases to verdict; internationally recognized for exceptionally high rate of success
- Recognized as one of the top two law firms in the nation for inclusiveness of women lawyers in the National Law Journal’s 2017 Women’s Scorecard
- Ranked #4 on The American Lawyer’s 2016 Diversity Scorecard
- Top 10 ranking on Law360’s 2016 list of “The 100 Best Law Firms for Female Attorneys"
- Top 20 ranking on Law360's 2016 list of "The Best Law Firms for Minority Attorneys"
- Named "Go-To Law Firm" in ALM's annual edition of In-House Law Departments at the Top 500 Companies
- Top 200 ranking on Law360's 400 2017 list of largest U.S. Law Firms
WSHB Secures Major Summary Judgment Victory for Builder Client
In a high-exposure personal injury case where Plaintiff asserted that one of the nation’s largest residential builders was liable for the defective design of an intersection in the City of Los Angeles, WSHB’s senior counsel, Katie J. Brinson, and associate, Diana E. Sfrijan, successfully obtained a dismissal on summary judgment, arguing that the builder did not control the intersection and was not responsible for its design.
Tech Ties That Bind
From text messages concerning real estate deals to the use to electronic signatures in binding transactions, real estate professionals are waist-deep in digital communications. But are these "smart" shortcuts exposing agents and brokers to professional liability allegations that tech-effected contracts are not valid?
Nine Lawyers from WSHB Honored on List of 2017 Rising Stars®
Nine lawyers from WSHB are recognized on this year’s list of 2017 Rising Stars®. The attorneys honored on this year's list are 40 years or younger and demonstrate the finest qualities of a good lawyer: first-rate legal skills, preparation, judgment, creativity, dedication and ethics. No more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in each state are named to the renowned Rising Stars list.
Six Lawyers from WSHB Honored on Super Lawyers® Lists with Top Ratings
WSHB is proud to announce six of our lawyers are included on this year’s Super Lawyers® Lists, all with top ratings. Each of the WSHB attorneys included on this year’s list has consistently earned the blue ribbon selection to the Super Lawyers list year after year. Only 5% of attorneys nationwide are selected to the Super Lawyers list. Super Lawyers is a rating service of highly credentialed attorneys from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations.