Intelligent strategists. Creative thinkers. Bold litigators. Discover wise counsel at WSHB.
News & Insights
Politics in the Workplace
The concept of "free speech" is as American as apple pie. However, any employment litigator or human resources professional can tell you that free speech and what is appropriate in the workplace are very different concepts.
Judicial Hell Holes and Construction Cases: Kevin Smith Speaks on Strategies for Trial at the 2016 CLM National Construction Claims Conference
Nationally renowned trial lawyer, Kevin Smith of WSHB, will speak on significant issues associated with trials of construction cases at the 2016 CLM National Construction Claims Conference at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego, California, September 28-30th.
- Full service national law firm founded in 1997 with over 200 attorneys in 19 offices practicing in 11 states across the U.S.
- Tried over 900 cases to verdict; internationally recognized for exceptionally high rate of success
- Ranked #4 on The American Lawyer’s 2016 Diversity Scorecard
- Top 10 ranking on Law360’s 2016 list of “The 100 Best Law Firms for Female Attorneys"
- Top 20 ranking on Law360's 2016 list of "The Best Law Firms for Minority Attorneys"
- First Place Winner, DRI's 2014 Law Firm Diversity Award
- Named "Go-To Law Firm" in ALM's annual edition of In-House Law Departments at the Top 500 Companies
- Top 250 ranking on Law360's 400 2016 list of largest U.S. Law Firms
Avoiding Claims in Commercial Construction: WSHB’s Keith Smith to Share Expertise at National Construction Conference
Claim avoidance in the context of commercial construction is one of the hottest issues facing owners, developers, and contractors in 2016 and beyond. Trial lawyer Keith Smith, a partner at WSHB, will be providing practice pointers as part of a highly anticipated panel discussion at the 2016 CLM National Construction Claims Conference at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego on September 28-30th.
Construction Litigation Through the Eyes of Millennials
Acclaimed trial lawyer Victoria Ersoff, a partner with WSHB, will be speaking at the 2016 CLM National Construction Claims Conference at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego, California, September 28-30th. Ersoff, whose innovative case handling has yielded an unbroken string of defense verdicts for clients involving complex issues of law, will discuss the emerging issues with the Millennial on the construction site, with insurance claims, and on the jury.
Michael Coffey to Speak at the 2016 CLM National Construction Claims Conference
Nationally celebrated trial lawyer Michael Coffey will speak on “Controlling Labor Law Outcomes, Mitigation of Damages, Experts, and Strategy” at the CLM National Construction Conference. Coffey, Managing Partner of WSHB’s New York and Connecticut offices, is slated to present on Thursday, September 29 at 1:00 PM. CLM’s National Construction Claims Conference will be held at the
CLM 2016 Outside Counsel of the Year to Speak at National Construction Claims Conference
Brenda Radmacher, Partner at WSHB, will be speaking at the 2016 CLM National Construction Claims Conference to be held at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego, California, September 28-30th. Radmacher, CLM's 2016 Outside Counsel of the Year, will be presenting on the hot issue "Exploitation of Settlement Agreement and Release Exceptions."