Legal aspects of the insurance industry are more complex than ever before. To manage burgeoning insurance issues, businesses require legal advice that is thorough, up-to-date and innovative.
WSHB has decades of experience handling legal matters in the insurance industry. Our expertise and experience run the gamut:
- Risk management
- Insurance counseling
- Defense of bad faith claims against insurance carriers
- Insurance litigation
- Reinsurance issues
- Policyholder insurance reviews and policy selection
Our background in commercial, environmental, real estate and general liability litigation helps us evaluate clients’ risks and needs for all lines of insurance coverage.
If you are in the insurance industry, you probably already know us. Extra-contractual litigation defense has been one of our specialties since our inception, and it will continue to be a hallmark of our success as we move forward.
Representative Matters for Insurance
- Counseled one of the nation’s largest homebuilders to help establish its captive insurance company, including drafting of all necessary development, financial and construction related documentation.
- Successfully defended through trial numerous litigated bad faith claims involving property damage, business losses and cargo losses.
- Assisted one of the nation’s largest community college school districts with review, analysis and selection of an OCIP policy to cover all campuses and risks.
- Handled all transactional work to assist a regional home builder establish an off-shore captive insurance company to cover both past construction and development as well as ongoing operations.