Nicholas M. Gedo
505 North Brand Boulevard
Glendale, CA 91203
P (818) 551-6000
F (818) 551-6050
For more detailed information:
Having focused his practice on appellate and complex motion matters for the last 20 years, Nick offers clients a range and depth of appellate experience available almost nowhere outside of boutique appellate firms. Nick has now handled over 30 appellate matters and well over 50 summary judgment motions in both California and Ninth Circuit courts, obtaining successful results in the vast majority of his cases (see sample list of appellate matters he’s handled below). He developed his obsession with clear, concise writing as an English major at Occidental College in Los Angeles and obtained his J.D. from Hastings College of the Law in San Francisco. He became Of Counsel with WSHB just after the firm’s inception in 1997.
University of California Hastings Law School (J.D., 1987)
Occidental College (B.A., 1982)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Published decisions include:
- Michael v. Denbeste Transp., Inc. (2206) 137 Cal. App. 4th 1082
- Rodriguez v. American Technologies, Inc. (2006) 136 Cal. App. 4th 1110
- Holguin v. Flores (2004) 122 Cal. App. 4th 428
- Litigation of contaminated groundwater claims.
- Defense of single family home developers, apartment building owners and general contractors against mold claims.
- Presentation of seminars for warranty personnel on proper procedures and protocol for responding to mold claims.
- Defense of claims ranging from minor losses to catastrophic losses, such as building collapses.
- Defense of property owners, contractors and developers from claims involving accidents on commercial and residential sites.
- Defense of owners and property managers in third party criminal liability cases.
- Defense of major national retailer against customer allegations of accidents on store premises, wrongful detention, and sexual harassment.
- Defense of major entertainment company against lawsuits related to accidents on studio property.
- Defense of major California utility company against lawsuits related to accidents on utility company property.