Carlo A. Coppola
10960 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90024
P (310) 481-7600
F (310) 481-7650
For more detailed information:
Carlo has a broad range of experience in various areas of law including construction, business transactions and litigation, transportation and insurance. He specializes in complex multi-party civil litigation with a primary focus on construction litigation. Carlo has acted as counsel in numerous multi-million dollar residential and commercial construction matters. His clients include Fortune 500 companies, several of California’s largest publicly-held and privately-held builders, real estate developers, contractors, construction managers and design professionals. He has extensive experience in all aspects of the litigation process including depositions, mediation, arbitration, judicial reference and trial.
University of San Diego School of Law (J.D., 2002)
University of San Diego (B.A., 1999)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Handles litigation on behalf of commercial and corporate clients involving unfair competition, contractual claims, partnership matters, claims of malfeasance and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Negotiation and drafting of contracts and other commercial agreements, including construction contracts, outdoor signage agreements and corporate formation documents.
- Prosecution and defense of actions related for breach of contract.
- Defense of businesses against claims made under California’s Unfair Business Practice Statutes (Business & Professions Code, Sections 17200 and 17500).
- Defense of developers, general contractors, and construction managers in complex multi-party litigation involving commercial and residential properties.
- Cases range from single family home disputes to actions involving hundreds of properties.
- Representation of Fortune 500 companies and several of California’s largest publicly-held and privately-held builders.
- Defense of claims related to Homeowners Associations and claims involving California Civil Code section 910, et seq. (SB800), including the prosecution and defense of claims for indemnification and breach of contract.
- Defense of property owners, developers, and contractors against claims arising from accidents on commercial and residential construction sites.
- Defense of developers against homeowner claims of fraud and negligent misrepresentation, as well as subrogation claims by insurers.
- Prosecution and defense of claims for damages due to delays in construction.
- Representation of contractors in defending claims of water intrusion and mold exposure.
- Experience defending mold actions and advising clients on non-litigated matters, including abatement issues (Particular emphasis on medical issues related to alleged fungal contamination, and law and motion practice seeking to limit admission of opponent’s scientific evidence.