Public Entity Defense
WSHB’s attorneys have extensive experience representing municipalities and public agencies in both litigation and administrative hearings. We represent law enforcement agencies, peace officers, school districts, school boards, individual schools, municipalities and others.
WSHB’s public law attorneys are experts in the field. They are ABOTA trial lawyers who pursue innovative legal strategies, while respecting the bottom line for public entities. The firm’s region-wide reputation and experience are reflected in its clientele and its attorneys’ frequent appearances as law school professors, lecturers, and panelists for programs sponsored by national, state and local bar associations and other professional groups.
- We work closely with school boards and city managers on all aspects of litigation, including trials, administrative hearings, arbitrations, the Brown Act, Peace Officers Bill of Rights, redevelopment and writs and appeals.
- We serve as panel counsel for several joint power authorities. As a result, we routinely represent municipalities, school districts and other public entities in litigated and administrative matters.
- We represent school districts in all facets of construction pertaining to pre-bid administration for design-bid-build and bid-build projects, including requests.
- We represent public agencies in the prosecution of debarment proceedings and other administrative hearings.
- Our attorneys represent the largest community college district in the nation in the administration and implementation of its $6 billion construction bond program.
- We provide all areas of risk management and litigation expertise to public entities, including school districts, water agencies and special districts.