Transactions are the heartbeat of a business. They help develop partnerships, expand revenue, and cultivate growth opportunities. For transactions to achieve intended goals, they must adhere to a legal structure that appropriately manages risk and protects against liability.
WSHB has a team of attorneys devoted to clients’ transactional needs. We assist in all matters of corporate governance, preparation of contract documents, and risk management.
We handle a wide range of business transactions, including:
- Formation of corporations, LLCs and LLPs.
- Negotiation and drafting of simple and complex business agreements with customers, vendors, suppliers, and distributors.
- Drafting and revising all types of business agreements, including: purchase and sale agreements, management agreements, consulting agreements, mechanic’s liens, stop notices, and payment and performance bonds.
- Assistance with all aspects of risk management and insurance needs.
- Drafting of complex agreements, including employment, work for hire, licensing, and other business relationships.
- Counseling on the ever-changing laws involving arbitration provisions, trade-secret protection and non-competition provisions.
- Negotiation and drafting of retail, office, commercial, and industrial leases.
With our highly skilled attorneys assisting you with routine and complex transactions, you can focus on running your business instead of worrying about legal issues.
Representative Matters for Corporate
- Advising seller on the acquisition of an Abu Dhabi based consulting company by a U.S. technology company, funded through a complex securities and cash transaction. This transaction included an additional consulting agreement wherein the seller provided post-acquisition services.
- Advising a Spanish pharmaceutical company on the acquisition of a products distribution company in Boston, Massachusetts. This transaction included multiple transactions in the pharmaceutical and real estate as well as licensing requirements specific to the medical field.
- Assisted a large commercial airline based in Poland on the sale of a World War II era bomber. The transaction involved international licensing and transportation issues.
- Negotiation and drafting of a logistics and licensing agreement between a large German chemical manufacturing company and sales and distribution company based in Georgia, U.S.
- Advising large Australian transportation and logistics company on (i) creation of a US subsidiary, (ii) regulatory compliance to transition to a U.S. based transportation company, and (iii) licensing agreements for logistics support to existing U.S. transportation and delivery companies.
- Negotiated partnership buyout in closely held real estate partnership involving renegotiation of tiered real estate buyout, valuation of remaining assets, and leveraged stock repurchase agreement.
- Provided regulatory and business integration advice in 15 states for a UK based grocery chain for distribution, construction, and sales as part of a joint venture with the largest U.S. grocery chain.
- Advised large UK fitness company on acquisition of U.S. fitness company including acquisition of IP, franchising rights, and cross-licensing for professional consultation.
- Financial restructuring of properties held by single purpose entities totaling over a billion dollars.
- Advised large hotel and hospitality chain on internal ADA internal operating plan and corresponding revisions to commercial leasing and vendor contracts.