Wyeth E. Burrows
501 West Broadway
San Diego, CA 92101
P (619) 849-4900
F (619) 849-4950
For more detailed information:
Wyeth Burrows is a trial lawyer and the managing partner of our San Diego office. Wyeth has defended product liability, commercial, transportation and catastrophic matters in state and federal courts. He also represents common carriers and other clients in business disputes and litigation.
Wyeth also consults, trains, and represents businesses regarding compliance with both the Federal and California Fair Debt Collection Practices Acts (FDCPA) and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). He has successfully defended dozens of consumer lawsuits under these statutes.
University of San Diego School of Law (J.D., 1999)
University of California, Berkeley (B.S., 1996)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Regularly represents trucking companies and their drivers, including long haul and intermodal operators, in connection with claims for vehicular negligence. Additionally, represents bus operators in connection with both passenger and third party claims.
- Defends multiplaintiff claims relating to major bus accidents, and tries both passenger and third-party claims.
- Litigates consumer claims relating to unlawful debt-collection practices and alleged violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
- Litigates business claims, including those relating to interpretation and enforcement of employment and business purchase agreements, and business-fraud and trade-secret claims.
- Successfully recovered nearly $500,000 in federal alternative fuel-tax credits on liquid propane bought in bulk by a transit-bus operator, but wrongly claimed by the fuel supplier.
- Tries cases involving injury claims, business disputes, and contract claims.
- Ongoing representation of creditors / credit originators and their debt collectors in state and federal court in actions involving:
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)
- Rosenthal Act (CA FDCPA)
- Consumer Legal Remedies Act (CA)
- Claims under California’s various Unfair/Deceptive/Fraudulent practices statutes
- Represents dentists and other healthcare professionals, and acute-care facilities, hospitals and surgery centers in connection with claims relating to quality of care.
- Obtained defense verdicts in lawsuits alleging negligent medical care.
- Defends product manufacturers from defectively designed medical devices and products.
- Defends healthcare professionals from claims involving claims of negligence in the prescribing of medical devices.