Victoria L. Ersoff
10960 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90024
P (310) 481-7600
F (310) 481-7650
For more detailed information:
Victoria Ersoff is a litigation attorney with over 24 years’ experience in all facets of complex litigation. Her innovative case handling has yielded an unbroken string of defense verdicts for clients involving complex issues of law. She is nationally known for her expertise in defending commercial and business litigation, mold and water damage, mass tort, catastrophic injury, real estate, negligent security and habitability litigation. Victoria’s practice also includes the defense and prosecution of claims involving construction-related issues, employment defense, catastrophic injury, toxic tort and occupational exposure and environmental matters. Victoria has extensive experience in crisis management ranging from catastrophic incident response to high profile celebrity claims, as well as mass bacterial outbreaks, including resulting governmental and media investigations. Victoria currently serves as National Monitoring Counsel for major insurance carriers and corporate clients. In this capacity, she has been admitted pro hac in numerous states to assist local counsel with the defense of complex claims. Victoria has defended over 1,000 Legionnaires’ disease claims nationwide and is a frequent speaker on successfully defending these specialized cases. Her clients include Fortune 500 companies, trucking companies, REITS and national property management companies, condo/co-op associations, hospitals, boutique hotels and global hospitality companies, artists, studios, developers /general contractors, and big-box stores. Victoria has served as a Temporary Judge on the Los Angeles County Superior Court.
Whittier Law School (J.D., 1992)
Arizona State University (B.S., 1989)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Defense of claims alleging bodily injuries from exposure to asbestos, diacetyl, silica, lead, benzene, commercial cleaning, carbon monoxide and commercial cleaning products.
- Defense of claims involving cocidiodomycosis (Valley Fever) and Legionella pneumophilia (Legionnaires’ Disease).
- Defense of businesses and individuals in a variety of claims involving intentional and negligent acts, resulting in catastrophic injury, including wrongful death, loss of limb, and traumatic brain injury.
- Defense of Landlords in Fair Employment and Housing cases involving failure to accommodate medical, mental and physical disabilities as well as racial discrimination, harassment and retaliation under the Unruh Act.
- Extensive experience in defending bodily injury claims involving alleged exposure to mold and mold by-products, including a string of widely publicized defense verdicts in high-exposure cases.
- Consultation with and representation of hospitals, global hospitality companies, REITS, developers and general contractors, property-management companies, big-box stores and Fortune 500 companies in the defense of mold bodily injury and water damage claims.
- Developed and implemented protocols and guidelines for developers, builders and property managers to preempt litigation and properly respond to water intrusion and mold claims.
- Defense of mass tort claims.
- Defense of property owners and managers in class action claims in State and Federal Court.
- Defense of class action claims for breach of fiduciary duty, breach of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing, professional negligence, and violation of Consumer Legal Remedies Act.
- Representation of high-profile clients in breach-of-contract and business-tort claims.
- Defense of businesses against claims under California’s Unfair Business Practice Statutes.
- Representation of board members and boards of directors against claims for breach of fiduciary duty, professional liability, and fraud.
- Contract and lease drafting, corporate transactions, corporate structure and entity formation, contract disputes, joint ventures and partnerships.
- Prosecution and defense of alter-ego claims. Negotiation and drafting of business agreements.
- Contract and licensing disputes.
- Intellectual property rights.
- Tort liability.
- Representation of commercial and residential property owners and managers.
- Representation of owners and tenants in commercial lease disputes; negotiation and drafting of commercial leases.
- Drafting and review of CC&Rs, SB 800 compliance documents, and purchase and sale agreements.
- Representation of real estate developers in easement disputes with property owners.
- Representation of property owners and property managers in landlord-tenant disputes.
- Defense of significant habitability claims, including class actions.