Timothy J. Repass
801 Kirkland Avenue
Kirkland, WA 98033
P (206) 204-6800
F (206) 299-0400
12755 SW 69th Avenue
Portland, OR 97223
P (971) 256-4010
F (971) 275-1928
For more detailed information:
Tim Repass is the managing partner of WSHB’s Seattle office and handles a variety of complex civil litigation matters in both Washington and Oregon. He has served as lead trial counsel in multiple complex litigation jury trials, trying high exposure cases to verdict with great success, and practices primarily in the areas of construction, employment, environmental, professional liability, surety, and insurance coverage. He regularly represents builders, developers, and design professionals in litigation and transactional matters. In 2018, he helped promote statutory revisions to the Washington Condominium Act, testifying in front of the Washington State Senate Law & Justice Committee and drafting revisions that became new law. He has also litigated large-scale environmental contamination cases brought under state and federal law and other environmental exposure and toxic tort cases.
In addition, Tim assists our national insurance coverage practice by advising and representing domestic and international insurers on a range of insurance issues and has successfully litigated a wide variety of first-party and third-party insurance cases. He also has extensive experience providing clients’ executive teams with strategic business advice on labor and employment issues, counseling employers on matters relating to wrongful discharge, retaliation, harassment, discrimination, wage and hour compliance, FMLA leave, employment agreements, employee handbooks and policies, terminations, and many other issues faced by employers.
In 2013, Tim completed the CLM Litigation Management Institute and earned the designation of Certified Litigation Management Professional. He has also been selected as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine. He has also served as an arbitrator on multiple matters.
Seattle University School of Law (J.D., 2006)
University of Washington (B.A., 1999)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Defends and prosecutes litigation on behalf of commercial, corporate, and non-profit clients involving contractual claims, unfair competition claims, and other business disputes.
- Negotiation and drafting of commercial real property purchase and sale agreement, business agreements, and corporate formation agreements for corporations and limited liability companies.
- Defense of real estate developers, general contractors, design professionals, subcontractors, and material suppliers in multiparty complex construction defect litigation.
- Representation of associations, developers, and contractors against construction-related claims involving single-family residential to mixed-use high rise buildings.
- Representation of large home builders in class action litigation.
- Prosecution and defense of mechanic lien, surety bond, and delay claims.
- Prosecution and defense of claims for indemnification and breach of contract.
- Represented clients in litigation matters involving Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- Defended a variety of complex issues involving allegations of unfair and deceptive practices and other aspects of consumer protection laws.
- Defended claims under state-specific statutes involving a variety of debt collection and consumer credit issues.
- Defends employers against claims of wrongful termination, discrimination, retaliation, and harassment.
- Hazardous Waste / Groundwater Contamination Cases.
- Leaking underground storage tanks and septic systems.
- Defense of property owners, developers, and contractors against construction job site accident claims and OSHA and WISHA regulation violations.
- Defends corporations and other business entities against class action and mass tort claims.
- Defense of landlord/tenant claims arising out of claims for water intrusion and mold bodily injuries.
- Defense of property owners, builders, and developers in all aspects of bodily injury litigation related to mold exposure.
- Defense of product manufacturers and distributors against claims of personal injuries and property damage due to defects in the manufacture and design of products.
- Representation of architects, engineers, real estate brokers and agents, and other licensed professionals against claims based upon improper design and testing, failure to disclose, and other theories.
- Defended engineering firm against claims of negligent design arising out of design of multistory condominium building where plaintiff alleged that structural drawings failed to conform to applicable building code requirements and for allegedly failing to review as-built conditions for conformance with the structural design.
- Defended professional land surveyor against claims by adjacent property owners of professional negligence in surveying. Settled for minimal amount after six figure demand.
- Defense of professional negligence claims raised against property owners and managers in their management of apartment buildings and commercial properties.
- Defended real estate broker and agent against a claim of professional negligence involving concealment of condition of septic system. Settled for minimal amount after summary judgment motion served on plaintiff.
- Defended corporate directors and officers against a variety of claims including breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, and corporate disregard in connection with condominium and other construction projects.
- Represent design professionals through all phases of construction litigation and counsel, including: claims avoidance, risk management, litigation, arbitration, alternative dispute resolution and trial.