Steven R. Disharoon
201 1st Street
Petaluma, CA 94952
P (707) 559-6750
F (707) 559-6749
For more detailed information:
The managing partner of WSHB’s Sonoma County office, Steve specializes in matters involving complex federal and state law, government and public entity issues, intellectual property, technology, transportation, and appeals. He represents a full spectrum of clients, from individuals and small businesses, to global technology companies and transnational corporations.
Steve is skilled at accurately assessing risk and recommending cost-effective strategies that best serve his clients’ interests. He prides himself on his communication skills, commitment to ethics, and high quality work-product. He has successfully resolved innumerable cases, whether through dispositive motions (and successful appeals), trial, or settlement.
In addition, Steve has negotiated, drafted, and counseled clients regarding countless contractual matters, including purchase/sale contracts, confidentiality agreements, and complex settlement agreements involving land use, environmental issues, employment, construction, bodily injury, civil rights issues, product liability, and intellectual property rights.
Whatever the legal issue, Steve is a diligent, passionate, and professional advocate who works tirelessly to obtain the best possible results for his clients.
University of San Francisco School of Law (J.D., 2010)
University of California, Santa Cruz (B.A., 2007)
Licensed to Practice in:
U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
U.S. District Court, Central District of California
U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Steve has handled over 30 appeals and writ petitions involving a wide range of legal issues, including constitutional law, personal injury, construction, intellectual property, contract enforcement, and statutory interpretation.
- Defense of numerous auto, trucking, and public transportation cases, including through precedent-setting dispositive motion practice.
- Successful handling of a wide range of business disputes, including state and federal claims for false advertising, unfair competition, contractual interference, and civil conspiracy.
- Defense of property owners, farmers, developers, and other businesses and individuals against claims pertaining to environmental clean-up actions, nuisance, and related claims.
- Defense of wide range of general liability cases, including personal injury, product liability, motor vehicle, and subrogation.
- Defense of complex intellectual property disputes, including claims of copyright, trademark, and trade dress infringement.