Stacey F. Blank
10960 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90024
P (310) 481-7600
F (310) 481-7650
For more detailed information:
Stacey F. Blank is a litigation attorney with 20 years of experience in all facets of litigation, including appeals. Her innovative case handling has resulted in numerous defense verdicts, both at trial and arbitration, involving complex issues of liability and damages. Stacey is known for her tenacity and encyclopedic knowledge of the law, which she combines with thoughtful, effective strategy. Combined with her litigation prowess, Stacey enjoys a reputation for delivering consistent results both in and out of trial. Stacey’s areas of concentration include employment, real estate and land use, product liability, tort defense, professional liability defense, construction law and transactional matters. Additionally, she performs risk management services for a number of clients, focusing on transfer and elimination of risk. She is skilled in all aspects of litigation, including law and motion practice, mediation, arbitration, trial, and appellate practice. She has argued before the California Court of Appeal, resulting in several published opinions.
Whittier Law School (J.D., 1994)
California State University, Northridge (B.A., 1991)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Extensive brief-writing experience and appearances before the California Court of Appeal.
- Reported decisions:
- Ranchwood Communities Ltd. Partnership v. Jim Beat Construction Co., (1996) 49 Cal.App.4th 1397.
- Barajas v. Oren Realty & Development Co., (1997) 57 Cal.App.4th 209.
- Mayer v. C.W. Driver, (2002) 98 Cal.App.4th 48.
- Aviles-Rodriguez v. Los Angeles Community College Dist. (2017) 14 Cal.App.5th 981.
- Handling litigation for commercial, corporate, and nonprofit clients involving unfair competition, and contract claims.
- Defense of corporate clients in class-action, individual, and business-partner claims.
- Prosecution and defense of business-tort and breach-of-contract actions.
- Negotiation and drafting of business agreements and contracts.
- Defense of businesses against claims under California’s Unfair Business Practice Statutes (Business & Professions Code, Sections 17200 and 17500).
- Defense of developers, general contractors, and construction managers in complex multiparty litigation involving commercial and residential properties.
- Cases range from single-family-home disputes to actions involving hundreds of properties.
- Representation of Fortune 500 companies and several of California’s largest publicly-held and privately-held builders.
- Defense of claims involving Homeowners Associations and California Civil Code section 1375 and 895, et seq. (SB800); prosecution and defense of indemnification and breach-of-contract claims.
- Defense of property owners, developers, and contractors against claims arising from accidents on commercial and residential construction sites.
- Defense of developers against homeowner claims of fraud and negligent misrepresentation, and insurer subrogation claims.
- Defense of developers and contractors against homeowner claims for personal injuries.
- Defense of property owners, contractors and developers in cases involving accidents on commercial, residential, and hospital sites.
- Represents employers in all phases of wrongful termination litigation, including trial.
- Defends employers against claims of discrimination, retaliation, and harassment.
- Defense of public agencies and public entities in all phases of wrongful termination and civil rights claims, including trial.
- Represents employers during all phases of EEOC investigations.
- Provides preventative counseling to employers.
- Advises and defends employers in wage and hour claims.
- Represents employers in Title VII discrimination claims.
- Defense of bad-faith claims against insurance carriers.
- Litigation experience includes Builders Risk, Commercial General Liability and Building and Personal Property coverage forms.
- Client counseling on enforcement of indemnification agreements and additional-insured endorsements, including preparation of coverage-position letters.
- Prosecution of insurer claims for satisfaction of judgment under Insurance Code.
- Preparation of coverage-position letters in connection with wrap and owner-controlled insurance programs.
- Evaluation and comparison of different insurance products and policies for clients.
- Defense of in-state class-action claims, including RESPA violations, fraud, and violations of California Business & Professions Code § 17200.
- Representation of manufacturers and retailers against injury and wrongful-death claims allegedly due to defects in product manufacture and design, including plumbing and automotive products.
- Handling professional liability matters involving defense of real estate brokers and agents, insurance agents and brokers, and lawyers and law firms.
- Contract negotiations and drafting purchase documents.
- Litigation of matters involving real property, land use and mortgage lender disputes, and claims against mortgage brokers for breach of fiduciary duty