Smaili M. Constantino
1501 S. Church Avenue
Tampa, FL 33629
P (813) 422-6910
F (813) 425-6983
For more detailed information:
An associate in WSHB’s Tampa office, Smaili Constantino handles complex commercial litigation, construction defect litigation, professional liability, and insurance matters. He is also regularly retained to handle a variety of subrogation issues.
Smaili is a graduate of Stetson University College of Law where he served as an editor of the Stetson Journal of Advocacy and Law. Prior to attending Stetson, Smaili practiced as an attorney in Brazil handling complex commercial litigation matters and served as counsel to a Brazilian Congresswoman. In addition to international litigation experience, Smaili has worked as a licensed construction contractor which provides an edge in the plan interpretation, liability, damages and risk transfer issues presented in complex construction matters.
During his time at Stetson, Smaili provided legal immigration assistance to non-English speakers as a volunteer for Gulf Coast Legal Services. Smaili is fluent in Portuguese, English and Spanish.
Stetson University College of Law (J.D., 2019)
Univerdade do Sul de Santa Catarina (B.A., 2016)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Advises general contractor and construction manager clients on corporate formation and contract negotiations.
- Assists clients on risk management.
- Represents residential developers and general contractors in complex multi-party litigation. Cases range from single family home disputes to large scale condominium projects.
- Represent developers in complex multi-party litigation against claims of subsidence damage to neighboring property as a result of high-rise condominium project.
- Defends national and regional homebuilders and developers in all stages of construction defect litigations for single family, townhome communities and high-rise condominium.
- Represents general contractors in personal injury and property damage claims during construction.
- Represents design professionals against claims of improper design and contract administration in high-rise condominium project.