Sarah L. Dennis
20 Fenchurch Street
London, UK EC3M 3AG
P +44 333 320 2220
For more detailed information:
Sarah’s practice consists primarily of providing insurance coverage advice to both domestic and international insurers. In this role, Sarah advises and represents a wide spectrum of London market and domestic insurers, reinsurers and intermediaries in all lines of insurance business, including professional liability, construction, property, general liability, environmental, energy, and directors & officers (D&O) in both first and third-party disputes.
In addition, Sarah represents insureds as appointed defense counsel in direct litigation involving a wide variety of claims, including construction defect, premises liability and personal injury claims.
In connection with her insurance practice, Sarah was seconded in London from 2016-2017 to three leading Lloyd’s syndicates. She trained primarily with the syndicates’ claims and underwriting personnel, and spent time developing relationships with many other Underwriting Syndicates and London-based broking houses. In 2018, Sarah relocated to London to WSHB’s London office. Sarah’s work in London remains focused on a broad variety of coverage and defense matters, in addition to client engagement through various secondments with leading Lloyd’s syndicates. As a result of her in-depth market experience and London locale, Sarah is uniquely positioned to provide agile and bespoke legal services in-line with her clients’ evolving needs and goals.
Ms. Dennis is limited to advising clients on U.S. law and is admitted to practice in the state of Washington only. Ms. Dennis is not admitted to practice as a solicitor in England or Wales.
Seattle University School of Law (J.D., 2012)
University of Oregon (B.A., 2008)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Defense of real estate developers, general contractors, design professionals, subcontractors, and material suppliers in multiparty complex construction defect litigation.
- Representation of associations, developers, and contractors against construction-related claims involving single-family residential to mixed-use commercial buildings.
- Representation of large home builders in class action litigation. Prosecution and defense of claims for indemnification.
- Represents employers in all phases of wrongful termination litigation.
- Defends employers against claims of discrimination, retaliation, and harassment brought under Title VII and local and state laws.
- Provides preventative counseling to employers regarding accommodation and leave requests.
- Advises and defends employers against wage and hour claims.
- Assist admitted and surplus lines insurers with various coverage matters and coverage litigation arising from disputes over first-party property coverage, contingency risk coverage, third-party liability coverage, and claims of bad faith.
- WSHB is a full service insurance firm that specializes in providing legal services to the London insurance market. We advise and represent a wide spectrum of London market insurers, reinsurers and intermediaries in all lines of insurance business, including professional liability, construction, property, medical malpractice, employment, environmental, energy, directors & officers (D&O), financial risks, non-contentious and contentious audits.
- WSHB also provides program management for whole account management, run off and commutations. This program provides insurers with certainty on legal speed. The WSHB program management team evaluates and investigates claims, investigates and provides coverage opinions, retains and manages counsel for insureds, manages strategy and litigation expense thereby providing a full cradle to grave service with full supporting management information. WSHB’s program management team has handled EPL, professional liability, medical malpractice and D&O books of business nationwide. Our team consists of partners, counsel, associates, former claims professionals, administrators and paralegals.
- Defends corporations and other business entities against class action and mass tort claims.
- Defense of landlord/tenant claims arising out of claims for water intrusion and mold bodily injuries.