Ryan M. Tarter
12755 SW 69th Avenue
Portland, OR 97223
P (971) 256-4010
F (971) 275-1928
For more detailed information:
Ryan Tarter is senior counsel in WSHB’s Portland office, handling a variety of complex civil litigation involving catastrophic injury, employment law, professional liability, construction, transportation and products liability. Ryan received his law degree from the University of Oregon School of Law, and holds a Bachelor of Science in Political Science from Central Michigan University.
Before joining our firm, Ryan practiced in the areas of employment law, OSHA, products liability, contract disputes, insurance, and other complex civil litigation. He also previously worked for Nike Legal as a Contracts Administrator/Operations Specialist. During law school, Ryan was a court-certified student defender at Public Defender Services of Lane County, and a research assistant for Professor Merle Weiner (UO School of Law). Additionally, Ryan worked for the University of Oregon Nonprofit Clinic, University of Oregon Law Library, and he served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Carol Bispham of the Linn County Circuit Court.
Originally born and raised in Detroit, Michigan, Ryan now enjoys exploring the outdoors with his wife and border collie. Whenever possible, he can be found backpacking, rock climbing, mountaineering or kayaking somewhere around the Pacific Northwest.
University of Oregon School of Law (J.D., 2013)
Central Michigan University (B.S., 2009)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Defense of claims involving premises liability issues, including accidents, premises defect claims, and disputes over property ownership rights and obligations.
- Experienced in defending claims involving untimely death or serious injury
- Representation and defense of all types of professionals in negligence and violation of standard-of-care claims
- Representation and defense of employers against claims of wrongful termination, discrimination, retaliation, and harassment.
- Representation and defense of clients in administrative worker’s compensation proceedings involving injured employees.
- Representation of owners, contractors and design professionals in complex litigation including construction defect claims, and construction accident litigation involving catastrophic injuries.
- Representation and defense of trucking, bus, and rail companies in litigation involving accidents and catastrophic injuries.
- Representation and defense of product manufacturers and distributors against claims of personal injuries and property damage due to defects in the manufacture and design of products.
- Prosecution and defense of actions for breach of contract and other business tort claims.
- Defense of claims involving chemical and other environmental exposure related personal injury.