Robert W. Hellner
901 Main Street
Dallas, TX 75202
P (469) 210-2050
F (469) 210-2051
685 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10017
P (212) 999-7100
F (212) 999-7139
For more detailed information:
Robert Hellner is the managing partner of WSHB’s Dallas office. He dedicates his practice to civil litigation and leadership in the firm’s national employment and management liability practice areas.
Robert supervises the civil litigation teams in Dallas who are often called upon for rapid response investigation and the defense of employer liability, sexual assault, catastrophic loss and wrongful death claims across the State of Texas. In his practice, Robert actively litigates multi-plaintiff tort and statutory claims in the Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio metropolitan areas, as well as in several other locations, including El Paso, Tyler and Beaumont.
In connection with the firm’s national employment practice, Robert defends civil actions in both federal and state forums in multiple states involving commercial torts, trade secrets, non-compete issues, and discrimination and retaliation claims under Title VII, ADA. FLSA and the numerous associated state and local laws.
As part of his everyday practice, Robert leverages his experience defending a broad variety of matters. He has a deep appreciation for the strategic goals of our clients, and always strives to achieve the best resolution possible — whether through a final defense verdict, appeal or early resolution. Further, as a relationship partner for domestic and foreign carriers and private clients, Robert works closely with claims teams, underwriters and risk managers to help identify and anticipate emerging liabilities and legal trends.
Robert is a frequent speaker on a brand range of topics, among them e-discovery litigation strategies and emerging employer liabilities, including under the Affordable Care Act and the ADA. In addition, Robert is a requested contributor to leading legal journals, including CLM Magazine.
University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., 2005, Journal of Technology Law & Policy)
Carnegie Mellon (B.A., 2001, University Honors)
Licensed to Practice in:
U.S.D.C. Northern District of Texas
U.S.D.C. Southern District of Texas
U.S.D.C. Western District of Texas
U.S.D.C. Eastern District of Texas
U.S.D.C. Southern District of New York
U.S.D.C. Western District of New York
U.S.D.C. Eastern District of New York
U.S.D.C. District Court of Connecticut
Mohegan Tribal Gaming Court – Court of General Jurisdiction (CT)
- Defense of ADA and sexual harassment matters in public hearings before the EEOC and New York State Division of Human Rights.
- Defense of business defamation claims arising out of social media posts.
- Counseling private hedge funds, franchise groups and professional practice groups on internal investigations regarding risk management during work force restructurings, development of employee privacy policies and strategic business decisions during the implementation of the ACA.
- Defense of national banking and service clients in bad faith hearings and trial of consumer protection matters.
- Advise employers on all aspects of responding to wage and hour audits conducted by the Department of Labor and similar state agencies, as well as conducting self-audits to ensure proactive compliance.
- Represents employers in response to NLRB complaints of unfair labor practices under the National Labor Relations Act, which applies to all workplaces regardless of union representation.
- Legal Malpractice & Trustee Claims
- Accounting Malpractice, Fraud and Breach of Fiduciary Duty claims alleging violations of the Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) and General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Agent & Broker E & O Claims
- Privacy & Data Breach Claims
- Insurance litigation arising out of major storm and property damage events including Hurricane Harvey.
- Intellectual property litigation and counseling, including trademark, copyright, patent, false advertising, right of publicity, licensing, and trade secret matters.