6A Liberty Street
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
P (949) 757-4500
F (949) 757-4550
10960 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90024
P (310) 481-7600
F (310) 481-7650
For more detailed information:
Miko Sargizian is senior counsel at WSHB, where her practice is focused on labor and employment, intellectual property, professional liability, general liability, and product liability matters, including equine litigation, cannabis law, cybersecurity, complex tort litigation and business and commercial litigation. Throughout her career, Miko has defended professionals, corporations, Fortune 500 companies, developers, and investors. She is skilled in all aspects of litigation, including law and motion practice, mediation, arbitration, and trial practice.
Prior to joining the firm, Miko’s practice focused on securities litigation, general civil litigation, and professional liability. Miko received her law degree and a Certificate in Intellectual Property and Technology Law with Honors from the University of San Francisco School of Law in 2012. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Women’s Studies with a Minor in Political Science from UCLA in 2006. While in law school, Miko clerked with the National Football League team, the Oakland Raiders, where she focused on employment litigation, including workers compensation and player injury grievances.
In 2019 – 2020, Miko was selected to the California Super Lawyers’ “Rising Stars” list, a distinction limited to fewer than 2.5% of the attorneys in California.
University of San Francisco School of Law (J.D., 2012)
University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., 2006)
Licensed to Practice in:
United States Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
U.S. District Court, Central District of California
U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- Defense of professionals in the Cannabis industry against a wide variety of claims, including trademark and copyright infringement, general liability, employment related matters, and professional liability.
- Defense of builders, developers, and general contractors against claims of defective design in complex multi-party litigation arising from construction of residential and commercial properties.
- Defense of developers against claims for indemnification and breach of contract.
- Defense of wrongful termination, discrimination, disability, sexual harassment, and sexual orientation claims in state and federal court.
- Defense of wage and hour, overtime, missed meal break, and PAGA claims.
- Preventative HR counseling and guidance to employers relating to all aspects of the employee/employer relationship including, but not limited to, lawful hiring and firing procedures, wage and hour compliance, employee discipline and discharge, claim investigation and documentation, and compliance with state and federal laws.
- Defense of corporations and individuals in a wide variety of claims, resulting in catastrophic loss.
- Preparation of licensing agreements and defense of individuals and businesses in various matters dealing with trademark, copyright, and trade secret litigation.
- Defense of doctors, hospitals, medical groups, surgery centers, skilled nursing facilities, nurses and nurse practitioners, dentists, physician assistants, and allied health professionals.
- Defense of commercial, corporate, nonprofit, and individual clients regarding professional liability issues, including unfair competition, contractual claims, partnership matters, and claims of malfeasance and breach of duty.
- Representation of national home builders, land owners, developers and contractors in construction disputes, construction defect claims, and mechanics lien issues involving single and multifamily unit dwellings and commercial properties.
- Representation of property management firms, business and individuals in all types of commercial real estate matters.
- Including services in real estate transactions, leases, contract negotiation/drafting, real estate litigation, landlord and tenant disputes/eviction proceedings, easement and permit disputes, and other land use issues.