Melissa M. Barcena
2815 Townsgate Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91361
P (820) 333-4250
F (820) 333-4249
For more detailed information:
Melissa Barcena is senior counsel in WSHB’s Thousand Oaks office. Her practice is primarily focused on complex commercial and civil litigation. She has successfully represented clients across industries and claims including construction, real estate, business, product liability, bodily injury, class actions, and catastrophic injury. Melissa is an experienced litigator that has handled state and federal cases, mediations, arbitrations, and trial with consistently favorable results.
Before practicing law, Ms. Barcena attended The Ohio State University where she studied English and graduated magna cum laude. Ms. Barcena then attended Pepperdine University’s School of Law where she was on the Journal of Business, Entrepreneurship, and the Law. Ms. Barcena also received her Master’s Degree in Alternative Dispute Resolution from the prestigious Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University.
Pepperdine University School of Law (J.D., 2013)
Pepperdine University, Straus Institute of Dispute Resolution (Master of Dispute Resolution, 2013)
The Ohio State University (B.A., 2009, magna cum laude)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Defense of developers, general contractors, and subcontractors against claims of defective design in complex multi-party litigation arising from construction of residential and commercial properties.
- Defense of developers against claims for indemnification and breach of contract.
- Defense of developers against claims brought by Homeowners Associations and claims involving California Civil Code section 895, et seq. (SB800).
- Defense of businesses, property owners, and individuals in a wide variety of claims resulting in catastrophic injuries and death.
- Defense of owners and managers against bodily injury claims.
- Defense of product manufacturers in lawsuits involving personal injuries and property damage.