Ilon F. Oliveira
1401 Willow Pass Road
Concord, CA 94520
P (925) 222-3400
F (925) 356-8250
For more detailed information:
Ilon is a Senior Associate in WSHB’s Northern California office, where she practices complex civil litigation, including various business, personal injury, construction defect, landlord tenant, and easement disputes. Additionally, Ilon focuses her practice on all facets of complex business litigation and transactions, including entity start up, fundraising, and corporate governance and compliance. Ilon has experience in advising businesses, investors, borrowers, individuals, and start ups on matters including: entity formation, business structure, and corporate governance; seed funding; private equity financing transactions; equity compensation plans; stock purchases and transfers; and regulatory compliance, including preparation of reports and filings for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
Prior to joining the firm, Ilon’s practice focused on business and securities litigation, private equity transactions, and securities compliance, including advising public companies and OTC traded companies. Additionally, Ilon worked on projects involving franchise transactions, entitlement and development of agricultural real estate, and the implementation of a banking and insurance system for a nation under tribal sovereignty.
Ilon attended Golden Gate University School of Law where she obtained her J.D./M.B.A. While in law school, Ilon received CALI Awards for Excellence in her Appellate Advocacy and Trial Advocacy courses. Ilon also served on the boards of Moot Court and the Business Law Association, and she acted as Editor-in-Chief of Golden Gate University’s Law Review.
Prior to attending law school, Ilon earned her B.A. in International Business, as well as minors in Finance and Pre-Law at California State University, San Bernardino. While in college, Ilon worked in operations and compliance at a securities brokerage firm and participated in the start up of an online discount broker dealer.
Golden Gate University School of Law (J.D./M.B.A., 2015)
California State University, San Bernardino (B.A., 2012)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Defense of a wide range of complex tort and casualty cases, including personal injury and motor vehicle.
- Vigorous advocacy on behalf of individuals and companies in breach of contract and securities fraud litigation in plaintiff and defense-side matters.
- Defense of developers in complex multi-party litigation involving a variety of residential, commercial, and mixed-use properties, including pre-trial discovery, motion practice, and trial preparation.
- Advising on all stages of business formation and start up, including counseling as to entity structure and equity compensation, and preparation of entity governance materials and equity compensation plans.
- Advising on, and preparation of, offering materials for private equity financing transactions offered under Regulation D, including Private Placement Memoranda, Stock Purchase Agreements, Note Purchase Agreements, and all attendant regulatory filings.