Heather A. Thomas
1805 Shea Center Drive
Highlands Ranch, CO 80129
P (720) 479-2500
F (303) 471-1855
For more detailed information:
Heather Thomas is senior counsel in WSHB’s Denver office. Heather’s versatile practice focuses on catastrophic injury, construction litigation, dram shop liability, premises liability, products liability, catastrophic injury, Colorado Ski Safety Act, and wrongful death law.
Growing up in Colorado, Heather worked for her family’s construction supply business. Heather learned much about the construction industry, including the issues facing contractors related to quality construction practices, hiring skilled employees, job site safety and securing payment. Heather’s background in the construction industry has helped her develop insight, which she routinely utilizes to successfully represent and defend contractors to minimize risk, transfer risk and guide them throughout the litigation process.
Prior to joining the firm, Heather worked as field counsel for a major insurance carrier for several years, where she successfully resolved catastrophic injury, construction, dram shop, premises liability and, products liability cases. In this role, Heather gained extensive experience in litigating, mediating and settling high dollar value cases. Most recently, Heather tried a skier vs. skier collision case in front of Judge Wiley Daniel in the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado. The jury returned a verdict, attributing 49% fault to the Plaintiff and awarded zero dollars for pain and suffering and permanency damages.
University of Denver, Sturm College of Law (LL.M., 2009)
University of Denver, College of Law (J.D., 2001)
Colorado State University (B.S., 1995)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Experienced in complex, multi-party residential and commercial defense of general contractors, builder-vendors, and subcontractors.
- Representation of national and local homebuilders and developers through notice of claim process and litigation matters.
- Experienced in alternate dispute resolution, including arbitration and mediation.
- Defense and risk transfer in worksite injury claims.
- Pursuit of “Additional Insured” obligations, including acceptance of contractual defense and indemnity obligations.
- Experienced in defending personal injury claims in which past medical expenses exceed or equal a million dollars.
- Experienced in claims involving alleged traumatic brain injuries and permanent sequelae.
- Experienced in defending a Fortune 500 manufacturer against products liability litigation involving an amputation injury.
- Experienced in defending distributors in cases involving claims of strict products liability.
- Represented and successfully resolved a products liability case against the manufacturer of an electrical snow melt product following a fire affecting several condominium units.