David F. Wood
10960 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90024
P (310) 481-7600
F (310) 481-7650
For more detailed information:
David has over 30 years of trial and general litigation experience and is one of the leading environmental litigators in the country, handling cases at both the Federal and State level through trial and on appeal. He has been part of numerous landmark cases in California, including most of the major Superfund cases in the state over the past 25 years. He has worked with most of the environmental agencies throughout the West at the local, state and federal levels, helping clients to resolve disputes with those agencies in creative and cost effective ways. The great bulk of his cases have been substantial multi-party cases involving seven to nine figure exposures.
He has worked with some of most able and experienced environmental consultants in the West, controlling their activities and focus so as to ensure cost effectiveness in the management of investigations, remediation and litigation assistance. He has extensive experience in deposing and challenging opposition consultants and experts. He has conducted dozens of seminars and spoken extensively throughout the country on a variety of litigation, case management and risk management issues. He has also been retained by companies to defend numerous out-of-state environmental cases or to manage other counsel and consultants in the handling of such cases.
David also enjoys substantial experience handling surety and fidelity matters, having tried fidelity bond matters to verdict. For many years, David has held the prestigious AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Columbia University (M.A., )
Southwestern Law School (J.D., )
Middlebury College (B.A., )
Licensed to Practice in:
- Superfund Sites
- Regional Groundwater, Contamination Cases
- Recycling Facilities, Landfills
- Oil Tank and Pipeline spills / leaks, Air Pollution Claims, Leaking underground storage tanks and septic systems
- Petroleum Contamination
- Handling enforcement and abatement notices and negotiation of settlements with enforcement agencies
- Risk management – coordination of compliance issues for property owners and businesses
- Defense of manufacturers, distributors and retailers of products alleged to cause injuries and property damage.
- Cases have involved wrongful death and catastrophic injuries including burns, brain damage, severed limbs and digits, disfigurement, and neurological and psychological damage.
- Extensive experience consulting with manufacturers and distributors regarding risk management issues, sufficiency of safety procedures and adequacy of warnings.
- Representative product cases have included those involving: power tools, tires, infant/children’s products, medical devices, bicycle helmets, starter sprays and boom lifts.
- Product liability matters representing manufacturers, distributors and retailers of products alleged to cause toxic injuries.
- Mold, asbestos, benzene, and other chemical exposures in residential and commercial settings.
- Cases involving exposure to contaminated soil, underground storage tank leaks, and emissions from neighboring properties.
- Extensive experience working with and managing costs relating to joint defense groups.