505 North Brand Boulevard
Glendale, CA 91203
P (818) 551-6000
F (818) 551-6050
For more detailed information:
Claudia Borsutzki is a senior counsel in the Glendale office. Her practice focuses on civil litigation and high exposure matters in the area of complex civil litigation, catastrophic injury, products liability, toxic tort, habitability, subrogation and medical malpractice cases.
Claudia obtained her law degree from the Westfälische Wilhelms University in Münster, Germany in 2004. Thereafter, she completed her two-year legal traineeship at the Higher Regional Court in Hamm, Germany. In 2007, Claudia relocated to Los Angeles and began her legal career at a well-known defense litigation firm. She started as a paralegal representing German clients in her capacity as German counsel before successfully completing the California Bar Exam. She then worked as in-house counsel for a third-party insurance administrator where she burnished her litigation skills in defending residential and commercial property owners in premises liability, habitability and discrimination claims. Most recently, Claudia defended healthcare providers, including skilled nursing facilities, residential care facilities, hospitals, physicians and nurses, with focus in the areas of elder abuse, negligence, medical malpractice and wrongful death.
Claudia is licensed to practice in all California state courts, the United States District Court for the Central and Northern Districts of California, the United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, and in all German courts.
Westfälische Wilhelms University in Münster, Germany (J.D., 2004)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Defense of businesses, property owners, and individuals in a wide variety of claims
- Defense of owners and managers against bodily injury and catastrophic injury or death
- Defense of property owners and management companies in connection with uninhabitable living conditions resulting in severe injuries and property damages
- Defense of personal injury claims alleging exposure to mold, lead, asbestos and other harmful contaminants in single-family homes, condominiums, apartment buildings, and commercial premises
- Defense of doctors, dentists, nurses and paramedics as well as nursing homes and hospitals on various cases involving claims of negligence, fraud, and medical malpractice claims