1501 S. Church Avenue
Tampa, FL 33629
P (813) 422-6910
F (813) 425-6983
701 Brickell Avenue
Miami, FL 33131
P (786) 358-6420
F (786) 358-6421
For more detailed information:
Andrew Brown is senior counsel in WSHB’s Tampa and Miami offices. Andy’s practice focuses on general liability, construction defect, professional liability, catastrophic injury, and all facets of aviation law. Much of Andy’s current practice focuses on representing design professionals, developers, general contractors, and subcontractors, in multi-million dollar single-family, townhome, and luxury high-rise litigation throughout Florida. Andy’s expertise in these areas includes triaging high-damage construction defect claims received on the eve of trial.
Andy has experience defending MROs, FBOs, charter companies, and other aviation corporations in complex, national, and international civil litigation, including multi-million dollar products liability, wrongful death, and property damage claims. His aviation experience also consists of defending airports and advising corporations and individuals on controlling regulations and laws in the aviation industry.
A graduate of the Liberty University School of Law, Andy served as the Vice Chairman of the Moot Court Board for which he competed extensively and won several awards including Champion and Best Brief at the 2015 William & Mary Spong Moot Court Tournament as well as the Liberty University School of Law Class of 2015 Excellence in Appellate Advocacy award.
Prior to practicing law, Andy flew as a pilot domestically for US Airways Express as well as internationally for a private charter airline in Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. He is a licensed Airline Transport Pilot with over 4,000 hours total flight time. He brings his practical life experiences and people skills to every matter he handles on behalf of the firm.
Liberty University School of Law (J.D., 2015)
Geneva College (B.A., 2004)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Defend MROs, FBOs, charter companies, and other aviation corporations in complex, national, and international civil litigation, including multimillion-dollar products liability, wrongful death, and property damage claims.
- Extensive experience defending personal injury and wrongful death claims arising from auto accident, premises liability, and aviation lawsuits.
- Defend international developers in complex business division up to trial.
- Experience defending high-volume townhome and single family home construction defect claims.
- Work with and defend design professionals such as mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection engineers.
- Advise aviation corporations and pilots on general business matters including risk management and mitigation, insurance issues, foreclosures, aircraft sales and acquisition, corporate structures, and compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Experience defending manufacturers and after market overhaul companies in a variety of products liability cases.
- Defend insurance agents and agencies against malpractice claims.
- Represent design professionals such as mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection engineers against professional liability claims.