Transactions are the heartbeat of a business. They help develop partnerships, expand revenue, and cultivate growth opportunities. For transactions to achieve intended goals, they must adhere to a legal structure that appropriately manages risk and protects against liability.
WSHB has a team of attorneys devoted to clients’ transactional needs. We assist in all matters of corporate governance, preparation of contract documents, and risk management.
We handle a wide range of business transactions, including:
- Formation of corporations, LLCs and LLPs.
- Negotiation and drafting of simple and complex business agreements with customers, vendors, suppliers, and distributors.
- Drafting and revising all types of business agreements, including: purchase and sale agreements, management agreements, consulting agreements, mechanic’s liens, stop notices, and payment and performance bonds.
- Assistance with all aspects of risk management and insurance needs.
- Drafting of complex agreements, including employment, work for hire, licensing, and other business relationships.
- Counseling on the ever-changing laws involving arbitration provisions, trade-secret protection and non-competition provisions.
- Negotiation and drafting of retail, office, commercial, and industrial leases.
- Negotiation and drafting of real estate contracts, architectural, engineering and construction agreements.
- Assistance with Green Building Standards and LEED certification.
With our highly skilled attorneys assisting you with routine and complex transactions, you can focus on running your business instead of worrying about legal issues.
Representative Matters for Business Transactions
- We are at the forefront of working with clients to ensure compliance with homebuilder right to repair laws such as SB 800 in California and Chapter 40 in Nevada. We have consistently identified loopholes commonly exploited by plaintiffs to avoid allowing repairs in an effort to receive monetary damages.
- In addition to drafting risk transfer provisions, our attorneys are skilled in providing assistance in structuring insurance coverage plans.
- We are well versed in green building standards and can assist with all aspects of green building transactions, including Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification and maximizing certification benefits.
- We have set up corporate entities and helped get new businesses established in each of the states where we practice.
- We have negotiated and handled the purchase and sale of real property from obtaining raw land to commercial and retail real estate development.